Eric Davis - New Film from Top 100 Camp

No way Eric Davis had a Good Showing at the camp. We Know he is an Underwhelming athlete overall. Has Weak Handle of the ball. Fragile. The pace of the game has to be too fast for him. Poor defender. This kid would not survive in the MAC, let alone B1G. If this kid truly wants to play basketball after high school, I think his best bet is the GLIAC or NAIA.

Webb - im not a huge fan of Davis, but c’mon now, the kid is certainly a high major D1 player.

So basically pull-ups, catch and shoots and transition finishes? The stats nor full games back up Coleman as good inside the arc (especially at the rim) or as a passer. They just don't. No one is saying he isn't capable of a pass or a finish at the rim occasionally but it isn't a strength.

I also don’t see how Davis’ finishes are not athletic and Coleman’s are, despite Davis drawing more fouls and shooting a higher percentage inside the arc?

First - the stats in terms of 2% don’t carry much weight because a lot of Davis’ shots may come off wide open lay ups that were created from his teammates causing a TO - as evidenced by the 3 dunks we see in the clip above.

Athletic Finishes - Davis simply jumps straight above smaller defenders because of superior length, whereas Coleman has the ability to hang in the air and contort his body when finishing. In other words Davis is much stiffer than Coleman and lacks the elite body control that Coleman has

To say that Coleman doesn’t finish at the rim is almost silly, the clips above display Coleman repeatedly finishing at the rim over, around and through defenders - it’s probably one of his best qualities.

Ok , we will have to disagree. If Coleman had all those advantages, he’d be a top 20 guy and a Ben Gordon when really he is a Juan Dixon. I don’t believe any gap exist but luckily this will have to bear itself out in college.

I’d be happy with either guy at the 2 spot, preference is Coleman, but Davis isn’t a bad player.

Good for Davis.

And I stand by my report on him. He looked like crap in Dallas. He couldn’t handle any ball pressure. I see in these clips he’s not being pressured at all. He can function just fine when the guy is waiting for him below the 3pt line. He is also a very nice spot up 3pt shooter.

Hoping we land Coleman. There is nothing Davis does better than Coleman.

If we land Davis I’ll root for him.

Hopefully this thread is archived.

Eric Davis is on another scoring spree #nbatop100

— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) June 20, 2014

2015 Eric Davis picking up where he left off last night. Hits a corner three and looks right at @ThonMaker14 on the opponents bench

— Top 100 Camp (@Top100Camp) June 20, 2014

Antonio Blakeney & Eric Davis continue to get to the basket & finish at the rim/draw fouls. Amazing effort from both during #NBPATop100.

— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) June 21, 2014

Eric Davis 2015 6-2 SG (Arthur Hill, MI) Had the scoring touch last night. He had a sequence where he scored eight straight points on two trey’s and a dunk after a terrific defensive play. Davis does most of his damage getting to the basket finishing in traffic. His jumper is still developing but he doesn’t rely on it to do the heavy lifting. He spends a lot of time at the free throw line because he stays with what he does, attack the basket.

http://www.allmetrohoops.com/index.php/component/content/article/87-news-articles/208-day-2-nbpa-top-100

Be happy with getting either Coleman or Davis. because the better chance is we don’t get either and end up with someone we haven’t heard of yet next April that isn’t nearly as good.

Webb - im not a huge fan of Davis, but c'mon now, the kid is certainly a high major D1 player.

You apparently missed the sarcasm. MPBear seriously said that Davis belonged in the GLIAC which is obviously absurd.

Yeah, looks I missed that one, which was pretty obvious

Davis locking in visits

Eric Davis is interested in UCLA, UNLV and Kentucky.
Not that he needed to, but Eric Davis has proven again at NBPA Top 100 Camp that he is a crafty scorer who puts points on the board in flurries. Davis is also in the process of setting up visits to some heavy hitters and is focused on finishing his summer strong.

The four-star guard from Michigan had a pretty fair assessment of his overall play at NBPA.

“I think I’ve played pretty well,” Davis told Rivals.com. “Not quite like I really wanted it to go, but that’s just me wanting to do the best I can. I was a little up and down, but did well.”

Davis is starting to experience some movement in his recruitment and has committed to visit three schools.

“I just decided to take two officials to UCLA and UNLV, but I don’t have dates set,” Davis said. “I’m going to take an unofficial visit to Kentucky before the LeBron camp. I will have some time to off, so I’m planning to get down there.”

Davis said that he isn’t yet sure on his other visits and talked more specifically about Kentucky turning up the interest. He doesn’t have an offer from the Wildcats, but feels one could be coming during his visit to Lexington.

“I’ve been talking to (assistant) coach (Kenny) Payne and Coach Cal,” Davis said. “We are developing our relationship and I think they will offer when I visit.”

Most of all, though, Davis is focused on having a strong July. He will play in the Peach Jam with The Family before heading to USA Basketball to try out for the 17U National team at the end of the month. His goals are simple.

“I want to win Peach Jam and I want to make USA Basketball.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1652597

Brunson - Swing - Miss
Davis - Swing - Miss
Coleman - Still swinging.

2015 Brunson - Swing - Miss Davis - Swing - Miss Coleman - Still swinging.

Where did Davis go? You are hilariously dramatic,man. All they do is hang banners and all you donis COMPLAIN about who they recruit.

Incorrect.
I do not complain on who they recruit (besides Towns).
I complain that they cant land who they recruit.

Incorrect. I do not complain on who they recruit (besides Towns). I complain that they cant land who they recruit.

You have to give up on trolling every thread with this shtick. We get how you feel, you don’t have to repeat it in every thread.

Meyer says Davis is trending toward NC State in his recent 247 update. Lists them and MSU at 50-50, for what it’s worth.

With WV transfer Henderson opting for NC State, and Forbes and Harris going to MSU, it seems Davis will have a lot to factor into any upcoming decision.