Devearl Ramsey set to visit this weekend

Just confirmed with Devearl Ramsey’s high school coach that he’s set to visit Michigan this weekend.

While Thornton is far and away my #1, I’d be happy with Winston, Goodin or Ramsey… A lot of excellent point guards in 2016

Dynamic little lightning bug! Those smallish guards have ruled for the last two NC teams.

FYI this visit was planned long before camp so no this is not a response to UK offering DTJR.

Top 30 player in 2016. Probably in that next wave of offers with Swanigan, Langford,Murray, Gordon and Funderburke. I personally favor him over Winston but what do I know.

Planned #Michigan visitor this weekend - 2016 Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon 4-star PG Devearl

Ramsey

— Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) June 25, 2014

Devearl Ramsey would lead the camp in steals, forced turnovers. Paris Austin would lead the camp in assists #NBATop100Camp #TruePGs

— Adam (@AdamNofflett) June 19, 2014

Lot of high praise at Top 100 camp for PGs, especially on offense. But what happens when Devearl Ramsey is guarding them? He should be there

— Adam (@AdamNofflett) June 19, 2014

Sierra Canyon (CA) PG Devearl Ramsey comes in at #46. Elite speed on the floor. High volume scorer. Electric. http://t.co/FSxfYrXVO2

— Future150.com (@Future150) June 7, 2014

'16 5'9 PG Devearl Ramsey maybe small but he's explosive in every direction!! Mentally Ramsey improving and will impact college in year 1.

— PoP (@PremierBall) May 10, 2014

Sierra Canyon beat up on Windward. Ty Nichols does a good job with his team. Devearl Ramsey has a lot qualities you look for in a PG.

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) January 29, 2014

Can't help but be reminded a little of a young Kenny Bruner watching Devearl Ramsey.

— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) December 29, 2013

Devearl Ramsey is an absolute animal of a competitor. Only knows how to play at light speed.

— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) December 29, 2013

Devearl Ramsey has been lights out in 2nd half. Sub six footer not a traditonal PG but makes plays and is intense.

— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) December 28, 2013

Against Top 5 PG Lonzo Ball and Chino Hills:

Devearl Ramsey is one tough dude. Strong, fast, handles it and is showing the pull-up jumper tonight against Chino Hills.

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) December 31, 2013

Devearl Ramsey had a heck of a game against Chino Hills. Best player on the floor in that game and it wasn't close. Love his competitiveness

— Josh Gershon (@JoshGershon) December 31, 2013

Devearl Ramsey is a winner. Just willed his team to a win. Tossed out 8 assists. Defended & made life difficult on oppositions best player.

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) December 31, 2013

Ramsey is essentially Russ Smith. No doubt he is electric in the open court, but i question if he can run a team in a half court set because his first instinct is simply to get the ball and go full steam ahead. Definitely looks to have the lateral quickness and speed to be an elite on ball defender. Need to see more film before can say I prefer Ramsey over Winston/Goodin, but certainly not on the same level as Thornton.

Russ Smith was a pretty damn good college player.

If nothing else, Ramsey looks to have the energy to be a ball hawk. Would love to have a full court pressure “pit bull” in the same mold Lindsay Hunter and Mike James were for the Pistons 10 years ago.