Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Hope not. Emoni is an elite jump shooter with tighter handles than Jackson though. I think the skill set Emoni has is more coveted than what Jackson possessed as a prep player. Jackson is the more nimble/fluid athlete, but Bates has much more skill and polish offensively.

1 Like

It sounds like he didnā€™t have that much of an issue at Memphis which allowed him see PT and was able to contribute. Hopefully, itā€™ll carry over for the Pistons. Itā€™s a good gamble to sign him and if he does well, Weaver can flip him for assets down the road.

There wasnt a lot of issues with Jackson per say. Like he wasnā€™t a problem when the clock started. But he didnā€™t put in extra work and didnā€™t try to connect with teammates at all during the season. If you arenā€™t a top end player you have to be a good locker room guy and culture guy and Jackson wasnā€™t that. I know a couple people in the Memphis organization and theyā€™ve said as much. His contract ran out and they knew in the bubble he wasnā€™t going to get resigned. The head coach wasnā€™t very high on Jackson either. The staff knew he was very talented, which is why he was with them in the bubble. But not good enough to keep around with how he acts.

1 Like

When he was in Phoenix , he sucked. I hadnā€™t heard that about Memphis though , I thought he turned it around

Anyone watch the game tonight? Sounds like Hayes wasnā€™t good?

He was up and down, but definitely more down. Had way too many turnovers. He must have traveled three times. Looked bad in a way youā€™d expect a 19 year old PG to look in his first NBA action with no summer league and minimal camp. Had a couple nice plays too.

1 Like

Bey looked pretty good and Isaiah Stewart had some moments but only played the last 5 minutes of the game. The good part was, for some reason, the Knicks kept their starters in so it wasnā€™t your normal preseason garbage time.

1 Like

Hayes will probably be bad for most of the season if not the whole year. A rookie PG is a tough life.

If anyone feels compelled, Iā€™ve been running a Pistons Over/Under Contest for the last 9 years on the longest-running Pistons message board (I do believe. Going back to pre-Teal, in one form or another) and Iā€™ll be giving away two lousy seats to a Pistons regular season game (when fans are allowed back) to the winner.

5 Likes

You get pistons tix at staples for me if I win, right??

1 Like

NOPE! (Not even against the Clippers)

How long is the season the Pistons are supposed to play?? 62???

There will be 72 games, if nothing is cancelled.

The Pistons are taking on my Minnesota Timberwolves tonight in the opener! I guess the good news would be that someone has to winā€¦

Thereā€™s still a few hours to get in the contest!

Andre had many critics but he did go 8-1 (as a Piston) against KAT. Heā€™ll be missed tonight.

KAT has not done well against physically imposing centers. AD and Cousins from Kentucky have owned him as well as Embiid. At least he showed a little fight against Embiid last year.

1 Like

Heā€™s a bit of a softie. Very talented player, though.

Great exchange of different viewpoints. To this Pistons fan, Andre was the least physically-imposing huge and athletic center Iā€™ve ever seen. Embiid just toys with him. I took in a Pistons/Sixers game live in Philly a few years ago and Embiid put on a masterclass in baiting. After he baited Andre into a fifth foul; I have a very clear memory of Embiid standing at the FT line raising up his arms to egg on the crowd as Andre walked to the bench. Whole place loving it.

On the bright side, in the parking lot afterward I picked up a $5 tshirt that says: ā€œTrust The Process: Simmons-Fultz-Embiidā€. Knew at the time it would soon be a good way to troll Sixers fans.

1 Like

Did anyone have Andreā€™s number more than Embiid? They had some good battles, but 'Dre was always on the short end it seemedā€¦and Embiid definitely trolled with that lol

2 Likes