Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

1-0 since the trade. I will not take any further question/statement from this post.

4 Likes

Also game 1 since Monty found out that Ivey can play on ball!

7 Likes

Report: Raptors sending Siakam to Pacers in 3-team deal

Since this is a Pistons thread, I was expecting them to be the 3rd team.

2 first round picks for Siakam is definitely fair but I’m surprised Pacers traded three for him! That’s superstar level!

If you’re the Raptors you must force them to give you Walker. They’d eventually cave.

Pacers all in on their existing roster now.

Killian Hayes in the past 16 games, his TS% is 37%. Gross.

I hope Monte Morris is healthy and replace Hayes minutes.

Pistons has been strangely competitive since the trade happened mainly because Muscula replaced Wiseman as the backup center which helps the spacing. They’re still a bad team, but the trade probably helps the NBA personnel decision makers to evaluate the young core with spacing. Having Beef and Muscula allowed Ausar to be on the floor effectively as a cutter, passer, rebounder plus it minimize his lack of shooting.

I made a hyperbolic comment here that Kelly Olynyk was once the Pistons best player but I think guys LIKE that are really valuable to young guards who are learning the ropes - Kelly is a good shooter especially for his size, really good passer, just a good way to let some pressure out (for instance, the Jazz basically tether him to Keyontae George, their rookie PG). Muscala has never been as good as Kelly offensively and Galinari isn’t anymore but I think they’re guys that can do a similar thing for the Pistons’ young guys. Mikes not going 4/4 from 3 every night but I/we have talked about how badly this team needs to let Cade and Ivey play 23/24 style basketball, not 1994 style basketball, and I think these guys help that.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly why they made the trade though I have issue with Weaver extending Bagley a couple of years ago (and I’ve been gasllit into thinking that it’s not bad and easily moveable if needed).

Now if Monty can let Jaden have ball handling responsibilities when playing next to Cade instead of sticking him on the corner once Cade comes back. I think it needs to be less Cade heliocentric offense and be more free flowing. Cade’s numbers are much better when Jaden is the lead guard.

He stinks

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1749531206608146499

He’s absolutely horrendous

Killian for Bey swap. Who says no?

“Two of the first-round picks going to the Raptors are for 2024 – Indiana’s own selection and the lesser of a Utah/Houston/LA Clippers/Oklahoma City pick – while the third is for 2026 (from Indiana), it was announced.”

So, the only pick that has a shot at being a lottery pick is the one in 2026. I would think that the Pacers will still be pretty good in 2 years, so all three first round picks likely will be in the 20’s.

Looking at it that way, it seems like a worthwhile deal for the Pacers. Although, they are 0-2 since the deal.

BTW- Last night (versus the Bucks) was another game where the Pistons had a lead in the 4th (up 1 with about 5 minutes left) and couldn’t close out. That they did it without Cade may point to improvement, but it also showed that closing games out is still a big issue.

1 Like

at least this time against the bucks they didn’t commit 86 fouls

The refs weren’t as lopsided this time. Giannis still got a friendly whistle but only shot 12 free-throws instead of 22.

Teams in this state just can’t win a close game! Juwan is rubbing off on the Pistons :rage:

In all seriousness, I’d expect them to lose a 1 point 4th quarter lead against the Bucks 99 times out of 100 so don’t think you can take anything away from that. 4th quarter is winning time when the best players show up and the Bucks best players are 1000000x better than the Pistons.

Looks like the Pistons broke the Bucks. Bucks fire Adrian Griffin.

Yeah. That came out of left field.