Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Get a star first and then fill in around him after. A lot easier to know how to build when you know what your superstar player is. Giannis needs different type of talent around him than Steph. Getting a star doesn’t automatically mean you’ll be good, but it’s basically a prerequisite to even be in the conversation with the top teams.

1 Like

You’re already saying Killian was a bad pick? After saying Middleton should’ve been held onto, I think you should give him mine than 7 games

1 Like

They would have without Plumlee, lol.

Sure! It’s just my opinion. I think they could have done better at #7. Just going by the eye test, I think Haliburton looks to be better, that’s all.

To be fair, I think the theory of Hayes and the theory of Halliburton are two different players. Hayes is a point guard, I think Halliburton is destined to be a combo/off guard (his assist rate is good and he’ll always have the ball some, but he mostly plays with either Fox or Corey Joseph).

2 Likes

Haliburton also has the luxury of learning from and being complimented by a soon to be all star in DeAaron Fox. If Haliburton was the Pistons choice he would probably still struggle, not as bad as Hayes but people would probably question the Haliburton pick.

2 Likes

Yeah, absolutely - Haliburton is doing something different than what Hayes was theoretically going to do.

Josh Jackson did just have arguably his 2nd best game of the year on Tuesday. 22 points and 8 rebounds. He has struggled a bit since hurting his ankle. I don’t know if it’s the injury or just that he’s an inconsistent player. He seems to always play hard, though. Not always smart, but hard.

1 Like

Fair enough!

Top 5 makes a huge difference especially if they get # 1 overall pick. Pistons does not have elite talent that would take them over the top. This is Cade Cunningham territory for the Pistons in which they’re on pace for being in the running for #1 overall pick. Elite talents >>>>>> being in a purgatory.

Also, saying Pistons draft has been bad is kind of funny considering they have a new GM in Weaver. Jury’s out on Hayes whom I wasn’t high on due to athleticism but Bey would be a good 3 and D wing, Stewart projects to be a solid big.

Plus Haliburton is a bit old for a rookie which doesn’t match up the Pistons rebuild. They need young assets with potential. Haliburton has high floor but low ceiling. The Pistons really need to swing for the fence with young prospects with high ceiling.

This year’s draft is key for the Piston/Weaver.

They need to get a good player !!

I know this is a college bball forum but NBA players are incredible talented. The best players aren’t in college ball.

Disagree. The best players in the world are in college. Just turn on FS1 tonight and you’ll see

3 Likes

Another dud tonight for the Pistons as a whole but Isaiah Stewart did have 10 points (5-6 FG), 10 boards, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 1 forced turnover while checking Chris Paul, and one pretty hard foul on Devin Booker.

1 Like

That possession where he checked CP3 and forced a turnover was impressive. He was able to stay in front of him and didn’t get overwhelmed by CP3’s bag of tricks. I think he’ll end up being a long time contributor for the Pistons. He has great motor and always work hard.

1 Like

Yes I can make the case this draft is much better than last year and you never want to bank on #1 pick but nobody should shed any tears Detroit ended up with 1 of Cunningham/Mobley/Suggs. Unfortunately we haven’t seen what Kuminga or Green play thus far they can certainly be in that conversation as well.

Pistons are never going to be a destination for top flight free agents. They need to make smart moves eg. Grant and find those pieces and hit on the draft.

1 Like

Yup, the only way for the Pistons to contend is through the draft. They have to hit on their lottery picks. They’re going to be bad this season and the next season, but by year 3, hopefully, they’ll make their way up towards playoff.

Sekou 1/7, 0-5 3s, 3 reb in 24 minutes.

Piston must draft players that are at least solid NBA players like Bey and Stewart. Maybe they aren’t great but at least they belong in the NBA.

2 Likes

Josh Jackson had a great game last night. He had 28 and 8 and was making all kinds of plays down the stretch and in OT

2 Likes