Comparing Michigan's Offenses Last 3 Years

I’d also add to my previous post…our roster makeup caters to our offensive attack more, so if you change it (i.e. get a stereoptypical PF or more athleticism at SG) then you can probably expect the offensive shooting % and turnover % to drop.

Not saying you can’t get both but it’s more difficult.

We just gotta keep plugging away at the Top 50 talent because that’s where you can really start finding guys that can be strong on both ends.

If you went with a more traditional 4 that has nice offensive skills such as Cook, I think the FG% would increase. Generally speaking, shooting closer to the basket equates to a better shooting %, and I see no reason why that wouldn’t be the case. FT rate would most likely increase as well, along with rebounding % on both sides of the court. The only thing the team would sacrifice in my view is having 1 less three point threat. Ill make that trade any day if it means we increase 4 areas while only decreasing 1.

Right…didn’t someone say the roster is constantly changing? Oh yeah, me.
There are guys out there that can fill the 4 spot and make us a better defensive team without sacrificing the offensive aspect. (TO% should also be considered).

We just have to land those guys.

Even our bigs. We’ve had DSims, Smotrycz, and Morgan manning the 5 spot but when you use a guy like McGary, it changes defensively. Donnal, Doyle, and Teske are bigger guys so I’m hoping that adds to our post defense/basket protection.

I think JB took a big step toward improving defensively with Teske. He did a great job in identifying him early and staying persistent, and it paid dividends. Teske isn’t going to be a very good offensive player, at least initially, but if Sanderson can add 4-5 inches to his vertical I think Jon can get a fair amount of garbage points on offensive rebounds and with work he has the ability to be a decent pick and pop guy from 13-17 feet

I think JB took a big step toward improving defensively with Teske. He did a great job in identifying him early and staying persistent, and it paid dividends. Teske isn't going to be a very good offensive player, at least initially, but if Sanderson can add 4-5 inches to his vertical I think Jon can get a fair amount of garbage points on offensive rebounds and with work he has the ability to be a decent pick and pop guy from 13-17 feet

If Sanderson can add 4-5 inches to his vertical he might actually get 5-6 inches off the ground! (ha ha)

Adding height at the 5 spot to give us some rim protection is hopefully huge. I loved Morgan and his defensive footwork away from the hoop was unmatched BUT at 6’8 on his tiptoes, it was too easy for wings and forwards to drive into the lane and score.

I’ll be interested to see Calipari’s “2nd team” that will have two 7’0" playing side by side again + I think another 6’10" guy or something. Ridiculous height and length!