College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

Redshirting a rising former top 100 sophomore :grimacing:

Bill Self never sleeps. Big time get.

https://x.com/DushawnLondon1/status/1822057784852062467?t=t4GEDy2gSfKHrACsfvhgUQ&s=19

David Coit would have averaged 15 ppg for us and we let him go

1 Like

A ton of NCAA freshmen on this listā€¦ are we buying or selling that trend this year in CBB?

Are you asking because of NIL making CBB an alternative to GLeague and NABL?

Well, no more Ignite obviously plays a factor.

Iā€™m more talking about the players listed though, and what sort of impact we expect from them in the final year of the super senior.

Flagg, Harper, Ace, and Edgecombe will all be awesome imo

Drake Powell, Tre Johnson, and Jackchoinius it might hurt those types of guys

It always amazes me how draft rankings and 5-star player rankings can vary so much even though no one has played a game yet :rofl:

Which team is better?

• Kansas
  • Alabama
0 voters

Would love to hear @kturnup give me the hard sell on why AJ Storr and Hunter on the same team is a good idea.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my thoughts on Kansas:

This is year #5 of Hunter and we have some good data points. We know now regardless of coach if Hunter is on your team then the roster has to be perfectly catered to him or the team will disappoint. 2021 was perfect and was amazing. 2022, 2023, and 2024 Hunter teams all fell short of initial goals. Looking at this yearā€™s Kansas team I think Dajuan Harris is a perfect complement to Hunter. Rylan Griffen, Storr, and Zeke Mayo also perfect fits. To me it all comes down to KJ Adams. He does not and cannot fit next to Hunter Dickinson. The only way to amend this is for Bill Self to drastically reduce KJ Adamsā€™s role minutes with Hunter. I think Kansas will be better, but still disappoint if this issue remains. 4 years of Hunter has told us if it isnā€™t perfect itā€™ll disappoint. If Bill Self plays Harris-Mayo-Griffen-Storr-Dickinson as his primary lineup then itā€™ll work phenomenally in my opinion. Just gotta see how Self splices in KJ Adams and Hunter together. Top 2 upside and also borderline Top 30ish floor like last season in my opinion.

I donā€™t see why Storr and Hunter are a bad fit but honestly I voted Kansas just cause I donā€™t like Alabama. Zero thought was given into the actual teams

Kansas has pretty overwhelming talent so weā€™ll see.

3 Likes

Their biggest problem last year was they only had 4 good starters available all year bc McCullar and Furphy werenā€™t healthy + ready at the same time and youā€™d think they fixed that?

But still think thereā€™s a cap on the team bc everybody outside of Hunter either canā€™t shoot, canā€™t score efficiently, or canā€™t defend.

If Storr wants to defend and be a complementary piece then I think he can fit fine. Iā€™m skeptical thatā€™s what he wants.

Also curious if Self is going to play drop w Hunter, I didnā€™t see if he figured that one out.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m describing a team thatā€™s worse than Bama FTR but my 5 seconds of thought on it was ā€œIā€™ll take Sears and Oats building a team around that over Hunter/Selfā€.

2 Likes

kansas if itā€™s football. alabama if itā€™s basketball

2 Likes

Who will be college hoopsā€™ best player in 2024-25?

1 Like

how the f*** is rj davis still here

-caleb love, to rj davisā€™s girlfrā€“ a red laser dot appears between my eyes

3 Likes

Mark Pope!

https://x.com/tiptonedits/status/1823762095881527593?s=46

Ehh. He got lucky heā€™s from the same state. He also is completely whiffing on Jasper Johnson too though

https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1825575195295236384

2 Likes

Auburn vs Iowa State first round is pretty bad. Feels like those could be the two best teams in the tournament

2 Likes

Yeah, MSU/Colorado should be playing Auburn/Iowa St.

3 Likes