College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

Gen Z on top :raised_hands:

https://x.com/thehoopcentral/status/1810423951832834167?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

1 Like

I think his main offensive attribute is gonna be his shooting. His worst case feels almost like the oft injured version of Kristaps we got? I knows that’s not the true worst case but that feels like a baseline maybe. Then his upper level is like bubble AD

Interested to see how good he will be in the NBA.

Cooper Flagg? Unless you’re talking about someone else, I think Flagg’s comp is AK-47 at PF.

AD seems like a good comp for his D. 4/5 that just annihilates any O scheme that lets him roam even a little bit. I’m curious what his standing reach is bc while it would be a shock if his D didn’t translate he is kind of uniquely sized if that’s his projection on that end I think. Most bigs that dominate on D are doing it w standing reach (eyeballing it, seems like 9’4’’+ really helps!) plus sufficient athleticism. AD gets it done at 9’0’’ and has been a 4 most of his career, so that scans.

Think he can be more of a playmaker on O than you’re guessing and I don’t actually know what his shooting stats look like. The shot is kinda wonky looking but people seem to think it goes in?

Maybe he’s…Sheed 2.0? KG who takes 3s?

Prob need to think about some comps that aren’t sure fire HOFers. Healthy Jon Isaac? Bam?

2 Likes

Pau Gasol with wiggle is my comp

Or a taller version and way better version of Rondae Hollis Jefferson

1 Like

3 Likes

he’s also a taller and better version of me

and a better version of @kturnup

Untitled drawing - 2024-07-08T182619.103

2 Likes

Can’t do this in a post that doesn’t contain the word “cromulent” at least once

2 Likes

lots more offense than Kirilenko

1 Like

“Rondae Hollis Jefferson” is my favorite Flagg comp now, and will be forever

On defense, he’s very similar to AK-47. He can switch, block shot and be disruptive.

A friend of mine mentioned Tatum as his comp but that would be his ceiling offensively IMO.

Flagg Player Comps

After watching Cooper Flagg play with USA Basketball in the 2022 FIBA U17 World Games, there was some buzz with former NBA All-Star Andrei Kirilinko comparisons. Coming out of that event, Flagg led the team in rebounds, steals, and blocks en route to a gold medal.

“The defensive instincts and his versatility on that end of the floor are obvious,” one NBA scout said. “I’ve heard the Andrei Kirilinko comparisons, and that is valid.”

While most of the talk revolves around Flagg’s unique ability on the defensive end, many are taking note of his developments on the offensive end.

“He’s like Paul George,” one scout said.

Another NBA scout noted, “There is not many that come in the type of mold that he shows. He has a mixture of Giannis, Tatum, George, and Wagner all in one.”

1 Like

Me seeing AK-47 comp:

4 Likes

AK-47 had a career average of 12 ppg and made one All Star team. With the way Flagg is being talked about, if his results are anything remotely close to that, he would be viewed as a bust.

Kirilenko on defense with superior offensive ability is elite though.

2 Likes

I do think generally Kirilenko is a guy people talk about as being a bit before his time. As in his skills would have played up in modern ball

3 Likes

Yup, my comp is more about how Flagg impacts the game on defense. He can switch 1-4, protect the rim and be disruptive on the passing lane. It’s a stylistically comp

Now this is a schedule:

7 Likes

Mo Wagner no doubt

2 Likes