College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

It’s just basic statistics. You don’t even need to know anything about KenPom to know how cumulative probabilities work

4 Likes

Math is hard Dylan!!

Who do yall think is better? Antonio Reeves or Dalton Knecht?

Knecht for sure. Although Reeves is having a much better reason than I thought. Just imagine…

1 Like

Curious why’d you say Knecht?

I just think he’s a little more dynamic and well rounded offensively.

1 Like

This is on the money.

https://x.com/chrisvannini/status/1748090569723683053?s=46&t=xsoD7F1QL4iGG_8kXTdpkw

5 Likes

this is on idiots like Wes Miller that recruited two time transfers then cried about it

2 Likes

Time to pull from David Stern’s old playbook and bring back the dress code. Guys in Armani suits don’t throw down too much.

(I do miss seeing coaches dressed to the nines on the sidelines, honestly.)

3 Likes

There’s just no collective intelligence that’s guiding the NCAA that’s even to the level of the most despised pro sports commissioners of the last however many decades.

1 Like

I don’t think it has anything to do with “angry fans”. I think it has to do with a bunch of selfish coaches, leaders, schools, and conferences. They didn’t complain because the fans wanted them to - they complained because they were trying to save their job, win games, get a player on their team. They knew the NCAA has literally no power and would lose in court so they got their way.

Too much of society today is about immediate gratification without any thought to the consequences. The NCAA is so fractured and so controlled by money now that no one cares what makes sense for the sport or even the conference - just right now.

The 1-time transfer made total sense. Now it is gone and more chaos reigns. Pretty soon players will change teams every week and no one can stop it. Well, except Michigan admissions since they’re not likely to allow many multi-time transfers anyway.

1 Like

Pretty strong correlation between angry fans and desperate coaches.

1 Like

Not usually a slippery slope guy but where does this end? If the NCAA can’t enforce this what CAN they enforce? Could players just start doping? Can players just register for classes forever and keep playing? Do scholarship limits go away?

1 Like

all of that sounds awesome

3 Likes

What about players not going to class, but still playing

Any chance that’s okay

3 Likes

Same thing Will Wade said after the first ruling.

In reality, the slippery slope is the point. They want to use this to blow the whole thing up and then something new will have to replace it.

I don’t have any faith what they come up with will be good though.

3 Likes

That’s a damn strong prediction

They finally cleared Big Z!

https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1748775959363268931?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

Lee Aaliya ain’t ever getting cleared now :sob:

https://x.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1748775212965822743?s=20

2 Likes

That stuff is getting out of hand. Coaches need to be suspended games for doing that

7 Likes