College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

OVC is Saturday evening.

ASun, Big South, and MVC are Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

Pepperdine off to a bad start. 52 seconds in and San Diego already has 2 points.

7 Likes

The FOX broadcast is going hard making excuses and pitches for Cooley. Sheesh.

1 Like

No surprise that hire is gonna be a disaster

Ouch Tenn- Kentucky and Houston -Kansas at the same time today. Couldn’t one of them be the night cap?

They are going to top out at mediocre.

Why do teams tied but having the last shot settle for jacking up a 3 for the win when they only need 1 point to win? Arkansas just did this, why not drive the lane or get a higher percentage two point shot? Looks like they will be losing in OT to Bama

2 Likes

I mean: I think the straightforward answer is that the defense also knows that the offense only needs a two to win, and so is prioritizing taking that away.

Normally, three points is more valuable than two, so defenses will exert additional effort to take threes away. In this situation, a three isn’t any more valuable than a two, so the defense responds by shifting focus from forcing long twos (instead of threes and layups) to forcing the longest shot possible (you’d rather a three than a long two in this situation). Thus, three pointers become easier for the offense to get, and may end up being the best option they have if they can’t create anything else against a defense playing to force the longest shot possibly irrespective of point value.

4 Likes

https://x.com/mattnorlander/status/1766553361736704203?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

Sorry I have to @mgl

2 Likes

It is me, the Kyle Neptune lover (I don’t think I’ve watched him coach a single game, will not apparently be starting today)

and Nova is on a 21-5 run now after it was 31-8

We (the Kyle Neptune heads such as certainly myself) are so back

1 Like

Neptuniacs

Yikes.

1 Like

Tang Gang reassemble

Ugo Onyenso is such a good rim protector my goodness

Let’s steal Hubbard from Miss st.

Two great endings here. Kalkbrenner getting big

Avila getting beat up on D. Schertz maybe took him off to protect their D? Guy can really shoot and pass but you could def see this in their game against MSU. A bit surprised to see it vs. UNI.

1 Like

Big yikes for Kansas

Please let Kansas lose to a 13 seed in the first round.

2 Likes