College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Don’t like that

1 Like

Never understood why he didn’t earn more minutes last year. Guard play was pretty much the only loud struggle Zaga had and Few refused to let Smith cut into Hickman/Sallis/Bolton’s timeshare even though Smith’s numbers were significantly better and he passed the eye test constantly.

Now he presumably got Nembhard to do what Hickman couldn’t and Sallis left. Feels like a huge missed opportunity with Smith IMO while they had Timme and Strawther.

4 Likes

How did he get screwed?

Defense, right?

1 Like

He went somewhere where he didn’t get enough playing time to feature his game.

He made a bad choice. Got a bad sell. Whatever you want to call it.

8 Likes

I assumed he couldn’t beat out the guys ahead of him.

Yeah he was not good there but idk how much better the others were. Guy was 53% from the floor and 50% from three and never played more than half the game. Just giving him half of Sallis’ awful minutes would have gotten him close to 30. I would have been screaming #FreeMalachi

7 Likes

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks.

Holmes should put up huge numbers at Dayton this year.

Love his game too. Think it is smart to go pro.

4 Likes

Bummer, I know he met with the collective to get a market value and was heavily considering a return. Love his game. elite athlete

1 Like

Andre Jackson is the guy I was most impressed with during their tourney run, by FAR. He’s going to make a better pro than cbb player. As a Wizards fan, I’d love to see us move back and get him.

Is Justin Powell this year’s Jaden Jones Award Winner?

Some people are just convinced they are pros despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

2 Likes

Ohh that Justin Powell. no idea he ended up at WSU lol. good luck to him after 3 schools in 3 years

2 Likes

I don’t. At least not at the cost of forgetting the tools other coaches have available to attract and retain talent. Juwan is a Michigan legend. Not a convenient scapegoat.

2 Likes

Michigan made RayJ’s final 4…but he’s going to Baylor officially per his Field of 68 commitment stream

2 Likes

When pullin commits to Florida. Who in the portal is left as far as high caliber guards?

I have not committed anywhere. I am not high caliber, but I am a guard.

2 Likes

lol. cmon man

4 Likes