College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

He entered the portal after the deadline, right? I assume this will not be an issue, but same boat as Grandison and some others who were late portal entrants.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Tough draw for Michigan in the Omaha region vs. Kansas in the second round. I think we can pull it out though

1 Like

Emoni to EMU means Memphis gets an up arrow!

B1G order being Indiana, Illinois, Purdue/Michigan, MSU/OSU, Iowa and Rutgers being the last out does seem to make some sense.

Gonna be a lean year if Indiana as a 4-seed is the conferenceā€™s best hope!

2 Likes

UCLA is a 2 seed :joy::eyes::eyes:

UCLA will probably be pretty good. They return Jaquez, Tyger and Jaylen Clark. Plus two incoming five stars and another top 40 kid. Iā€™d think they are probably the Pac 12 favorite given what Arizona lost.

1 Like

They did Michigan no favors putting them in the same region as Kansas, Duke and Kentucky. Canā€™t believe this is what Michigan will have to go through next March

2 Likes

@buckets12 please explain #17

Somehow Kihei Clark is only 22. I swear heā€™s been at UVA since the Clinton administration.

3 Likes

Some people like Beekman for some reason. I was indifferent on this one, woulda felt better between 21-25 probably.

College basketball is going to be very bad if this is a top 25 backcourt

2 Likes

GG Jackson is about to decommit from UNC, reclass to 22, and flip to South Carolina

1 Like

How do you feel about that?

I do not like it!

On one hand heā€™s a 4, which is not as bad as a guard doing it, but heā€™s a pretty young 17.

UNC will have a ton of guys leaving after this year so he would have a big time showcase if he stayed in 24. South Carolina is projected as the worst team in the SEC by a mile this year. Ant Edwards balled out on a stankonius UGA team and it didnā€™t hurt his draft stock but he was in his proper HS class.

The list of non-Canadian successful reclassifications is like two names long. Please stop doing it.

4 Likes

I honestly think the first half of the sentence is true. Also willing to admit Virginiaā€™s too high but I donā€™t think thereā€™s many example off the list that deserve mention. Xavier Johnson + Tamar Bates and Caleb Mills + Matthew Cleveland were the top two nominees we didnā€™t include.

Xavier Johnson could beat Clark and Beekman in a game of 1 v 2.

3 Likes

Just another reason why the SEC Network is superior to BTN.

2 Likes

What are the other reasons?

TBH i honestly assumed that it was against rules to televise those or something, Iā€™ve never heard of that before. Interesting, considering Michiganā€™s games are in several different countries I imagine the logistics are more complicated but that would be sick. Iā€™d take any decent footage

1 Like

Also, Bahamas would be far less costly to support than anywhere in Europe, or frankly anywhere else in the world except Canada

1 Like