Chris Webber Hall of Fame Weekend

If there are apologies, both sides could make them. I’m not sure what the university has to apologize for, but…

1 Like

…I’m gonna go refresh myself on this history.

Chris gave a really good speech, I thought. The thanks went out to a wide range of people and it seemed very heartfelt. I don’t know if the other Fabs beyond Juwan were in attendance but they all got thanked and mentioned individually. He thanked other teammates too, though not individually IIRC. I haven’t seen Jalen’s social media so I don’t know if he was there but I’m sure that will be found out sometime soon.

With Juwan there, I was wondering if any recruits were in A2 at the time. Being at that football game had to be an attractive option but most of the OV’s scheduled are for this weekend, right?

3 Likes

Here’s the entire speech:
Chris Webber Hall of Fame

3 Likes

No OVs scheduled for this past week because Juwan was gonna be gone

2 Likes

Just to clarify on a couple of reasonable questions / objections to what I say above:

Re apology: I don’t think Mich owes Webber an apology. But he does, and I just don’t see the harm at this point. Any appropriate apology will be lost in translation to today’s world. Basically, I think the U could get away w saying something like they feel Webber’s pain and it’s great to see NIL, which would have helped Chris so much, and so we are announcing ….

Re death penalty: I think U so consciously uncoupled from hoops it is akin to death penalty. Brian Ellerbe. Boo! And I’ll say it again. Brian Ellerbe. Amaker was a defensible hire, and I have never been a total “facilities” guy, but even Beilein was concerned about the facilities. To that and Ellerbe add a “beyond reproach” expectation, and I think it is fair to say M gave itself something pretty damn close to DP. (Having said that, I still wonder about the alternative history in which M defends Crawford’s mentor like Duke defended Boozer’s. But again, M gave itself the death penalty.)

5 Likes

Well said, all of it.

1 Like