Caris Levert's injury

Orthopedic surgeons will clear a player to play with the caveat “if you can handle the pain” all the time.

I dislocated my thumb badly my junior year. After 8 weeks I was cleared to play by our orthopedic surgeon if I could handle the pain. Everytime my thumb got touched, it shot pain up my arm to my elbow. It was excruciating. I was cleared to play though.

1 Like

I hate Kendrick Nunn so much look what he did

He’s supposed to play hurt or jeopardize a professional career for your edification? I don’t think so. This is ridiculously presumptuous. We’re all disappointed, but expressing resentment against Caris? No.

2 Likes

Likewise you are ridiculously presumptuous to assume he would be jeopardizing his professional career. Again, doctors don’t clear players to jeopardize futures. And no not for my edification but for the Team he plays for, not the one he might play for.

He is still hurt!!. Kid was limping around on the court during the Purdue game . If everyone took their fan glasses off it was plain to see he wasn’t ready to play.

i just can’t believe people are questioning why he is shutting it down. If you need answers please watch the first half of the Purdue game again. When he played 0 minutes in the second half it was all anyone needed to know. A minutes count was straight BS from JB.

And Faust don’t worry most of these guys thought Caris was back for good.

1 Like

Agree. Anyone with a working pair of eyes could see he was still hurt regardless of he was cleared to play or not. He was struggling pretty bad.

1 Like

You’re making alot of assumptions about Caris. There’s nothing to really validate your opinion as we’ve gotten precious little from Michigan in terms of information. But go ahead and try to denigrate a stranger’s character.

3 Likes

I think if he does make a return it will be on senior night. That would make for a great story but I think we saw the last of Caris in maize and blue.

They won’t shut him down. That’s good to hear but it still doesn’t mean anything.

I am holding out hope until the bitter end. I think we’re looking at a Willis Reed-style scenario.

LeVert is done for the season.

Whoever made the initial diagnosis really fumbled day to day to missing the rest of the year . I hope recovers in time for his workouts.

I can’t believe he isn’t going to play again /s

Last two years will always be a massive “what if?” for me

Survive and advance starting Saturday, and hope we can get a talent like Caris in the door again

Seems like a great young guy. I wish him a healthy, successful NBA career and happy graduation day!

Feel bad for the kid. Played 4 seasons but only one full one. The kid is a talent and I hope he has a nice NBA career.

Watching that really makes you miss the guy. Great representative for this program.

1 Like

One of the most disappointing players in Michigan history.

I disagree he came in as a Ohio Bobcat recruit who ended up being very talented. He just had bad fortunes with injuries. Had he been healthy last year he would’ve bounced to NBA last season. Now Zak Irvin otoh a 5 star or Chatman you can make those arguments.