Brandon Johns and the cognitive restructuring of confidence

5 Likes

To me Johns is the X factor on the floor this year. I’m hoping for a DJ like transformation in his game, but if he can even be a solid 4 man ala Livers last year that would be a big boost.

1 Like

He is the biggest X factor for the season. If he can play 25 minutes a game, shoot 35%+ from deep, rebound and take care of the ball - our ceiling goes up quite a bit IMO. We know Livers can shoot, and we have some solid confidence that Franz is going to be at least an above average shooter. If we add a third, that helps Simpson and Teske alot.

1 Like

There is an interesting conflict here between cognitive restructuring and what we accept as realism. Since cognitive restructuring is supported by evidence it should sound more like realism. So, now I see that I’m trapped in absolutism, and need to remember nuance. Sorry to have wasted your time.

1 Like

But did you? Relativism manifested.

2 Likes

Just shoot the ball and score, you have done this before. Just do it again!

2 Likes

All of this leaves me more than a little curious about Colin Castleton, how he is looking. I believe that Juwan said the other day that his three-point shot was real, which intrigued me, especially in the context of “positionless” play (placing quote marks around the word until we see). If Wagner, Johns, AND Castleton are all accomplished enough to see the floor–an admittedly big if–Juwan will have an awful lot of length to play with.

Brandon, and others, had better step it up in a hurry, because it seems likely some heavy hitters are on their way next year. Urgency. No time for spinning wheels. Put the rubber to the pavement or get run over. Isaiah Todd isn’t going to show up requiring a cognitive restructuring of his confidence. He’ll be too busy dunking on those who do.

4 Likes