Bo Pelini to Wisconsin?!

Haha that would be a treat to watch develop… At least somebody wants to be a coach at their school though… The Michigan Struggle is real

There are people, like Les Miles, that want to coach at Michigan.

Michigan is just waiting to find out of Jim Harbaugh is one of them.

Jim Boy does not seem to have any interest from all the “reports”

I would love either Harbaugh, Miles, Duke’s coach, Jon Gruden, lots of good names… As long as they have a proven winning record

Jim Boy does not seem to have any interest from all the "reports"

I would love either Harbaugh, Miles, Duke’s coach, Jon Gruden, lots of good names… As long as they have a proven winning record

That’s the narrative on the NFL side, but Michigan insiders unanimously say he has interest. The fact that he hasn’t outright told UM no yet, which we absolutely would do if he had no interest, suggest there is some interest.

I’m not gonna get my hopes up for Harbaugh though, I expect he’ll be on an NFL sideline next year.

NFL ‘insiders’ simply can’t fathom an NFL coach ‘downgrading’ to college, hence the speculation Jim won’t return to AA.

All the local guys pretty much give the Jim/UM marriage a 50/50 shot, though I’d assume their true opinions would give better percentages, but those guys will be conservative by nature in order to avoid any potential backlash.

There are a few local guys that are absolutely adamant that Jim will be UM’s next coach. My take on it (without any inside info) is that Jim will seriously consider UM, but we only have a 30-35% chance of actually landing him, but I’m a skeptical/glass half empty guy by nature as well.

NFL 'insiders' simply can't fathom an NFL coach 'downgrading' to college, hence the speculation Jim won't return to AA.

All the local guys pretty much give the Jim/UM marriage a 50/50 shot, though I’d assume their true opinions would give better percentages, but those guys will be conservative by nature in order to avoid any potential backlash.

There are a few local guys that are absolutely adamant that Jim will be UM’s next coach. My take on it (without any inside info) is that Jim will seriously consider UM, but we only have a 30-35% chance of actually landing him, but I’m a skeptical/glass half empty guy by nature as well.

Yup that’s where I’m at with it. There’s no question JH loves Michigan, and he clearly has legitimate interest in coaching here.

I just can’t get too optimistic about the chances of it happening just yet, don’t want to end up disappointed. Harbaugh would have Michigan back to an elite program by year 3.

Harbaugh would give us 8-9 wins next year if he becomes the coach. The talent (and experience…finally) is there at every position other than QB (obviously that sort of a big deal). I honestly think we would be a 10 win team almost every year under Harbaugh. The man has the total package, moxy, strategic knowledge, motivational tactics, leadership, relatively young…everything you want in a coach. The only reservations I have about Jim is his tendency to be a bit of a vagabond, he’s the Larry Brown of college football…he’ll only be here 4-6 years if he decides to come home…but I’ll take those 4-6 years.

Yeah, while it would be nice for him to come and stay 10+ years, a quick turnaround would be enough. He’ll have no problem recruiting elite talent, and I’d be surprised if he’s not able to load the program with elite QBs. The next coach will inherit a playoff caliber team like Shaw did.

Plus Harbaugh surrounds himself with great assistants, so he could very easily bring on his successor from his coaching tree.