Big Ten Tournament Seeding

One team swept MSU and one team lost by thirty at home to the same team. That said, I hear what you’re saying…

1 Like

Exactly…Even though they swept MSU which is very impressive, they only have one more top 50 win (jf we beat them) and the same amount of loses and also one extra played. One beat Maryland and the other didn’t. One lost to a team outside the top 100 (Penn St) and the other has no loses outside the top 80. I understand if they are ranked higher but not by such a significant amount.

Iowa SOS 26
Michigan SOS 71

That’s a huge difference as well.

Michigan is locked into the 8 seed now.

Lets talk match ups. Three teams that we combined to be 4-0 against. We beat Penn St by 7 and 23, beat Nebraska by 13, and beat Northwestern by 9. I want Penn St no question to me. Nebraska has Shavon Shields and Andrew White who both can put up big numbers and scare me if I am UM. Northwestern has Olah Demps McIntosh Falzon and can score more consistently then UM can. Penn St has Shep Garner and that is pretty much it. I would not go as far as saying Nebraska or Northwestern would be a guarantee and they could beat us. Penn St would be the best and I am a Penn St and Nebraska fan today so we can match up with Penn St.

Remaining seeding scenarios

Joe Lunardi updated bracket STILL had Michigan in.

In the bracket, but lists them as out below. Pretty sure it’s messed up.

Cincinnati should be where we are in his bracket. We are a first four out. We are laying all our eggs on winning round one and needing to beat Indiana. A win vs Indiana and I think we should be good if not it is 50/50.

Actually I take that back Cincinnati is in. Maybe he has us in I am not sure.

It’s really too bad for Michigan that PSU lost to NW at home this week. Think that they probably would have stayed in the top-100 with that win and given U-M a chance at yet another top-100 win.

Northwestern it is

I’m scared for that game

I am only because it is the tourney. I watched them today vs Nebraska. There offense is Alex Olah. Demps occasionally hits shots and McIntosh is a passer. They blew a pretty big lead. Last time we played them, we played a pretty bad game and won by 9. We need this to go into a HUGE game vs Indiana.

IU is scary how fast they are in transition off a make or miss.

1 Like

They have won a lot of games. They are playing really good basketball and look like a complete team heading into March. All this means is that they are due for an upset. Let’s beat Northwestern and get that last signature win (please).

I think we need 2

That would be pretty amazing. I’m worried about the northwestern game. We should win and I think we will, but damn we are not playing well right now.

What I like about Indiana is that they do not have that Power Forward that will post up on Zak Irvin or any major mis match. That’s why I would rather play them over MSU or some others. But we can not over look Northwestern. I watched them today and had one thought. They absolutely sucked. Olah is a pretty good player but he is guard able. Demps misses a lot so do Lindsey Falzon McIntosh and others. We better beat them no if ands or buts.