Big Ten Tournament: Michigan vs. Minnesota Open Thread

The best thing about the lack of respect from the tournament committee is that we tend to play much better ball with a chip on our shoulder.

3 Likes

I think Iā€™ll pick all of them to lose first round regardless of matchup

A bit like yesterday. Oturu and Murphy 5/10; Wings 4/16

1 Like

Two turnovers and only 3 fouls, almost a carbon copy of yesterdayā€™s first half, with similar scoreboard results.
Pretty impressive defense, I might add.

2 Likes

Michigan doesnā€™t foul.

Except when they have the largest foul discrepancy in a Big Ten game this season.

Least fouling team in conference.

6th least in country.

So if Michigan has the no foul reputation, why donā€™t we get that benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

Yeah, Charles never just goes hard at the hoop.

AGREEDā€¦I see a lot of chatter about seeding, name one team that wants to match up with UM? We are the toughest team to prepare for.

If Michigan had a stretch big man that could dribble, it would nullify Tillman.

But Simpson needs to make the extra pass under the hoop, Albrecht style, and try not to lay it up with Tillman looming.

1 Like

If you are a tired team playing your 3rd game in 3 days, you donā€™t want to be down 19 at the half.

1 Like

I think you could shorten that sentence by the first 13 words. :wink:

Zero threes for the Minnyhahas.

Second half o/u hedge? Or let it ride?

Iā€™m pretty sure both Michigan and Michigan State are going to be locked into #2 seeds. Tomorrowā€™s game will be for bragging rights.

And a banner.

7 Likes

Go hard and win the first 8 minutes and then we can rest our legs.

Everyone and everything good here? Carry on then!

1 Like

Assuming we hold on and lock this up, Yaklich and Beilein have to draw up some adjustments for tomorrow. MSU is so proficient at picking apart the hedge defense.

Every Bracketologist that I researched had Michigan as the first or second three seed. If we beat State, we might get the benefit of the doubt, but only if TN loses today. If we lose, thereā€™s no chance we are a two seed.

Matthews on Winston. (Sorry Z).

1 Like

www.bracketmatrix.com We are well ahead of Houston for the last 2 seed.