I just bought my tickets for the tournament in Chicago. I know it’s a bit early but I have only been to this tournament in Indianapolis and New York. Is there a designated bar/restaurant for Michigan fans in Chicago during the week of the tournament? I know in Indy they designate specific places for each fan base. Was wondering if they do the same in Chicago. Any info would be appreciated.
Good question @ace11daley
I bet some local Chicago people can help you out… The UMich Alumni Club of Chicago lists these as generic Michigan bars:
- Celtic Crown, 4301 N. Western Ave. (map), 773-588-1110
- Diag Bar & Grill, 2856 N. Southport Ave. (map), 773-404-8400
- Fifty/50, 2047 W. Division St. (map), 773-489-5050
- Rockit Bar & Grill, 22 W. Hubbard (map), 312-645-6000
- WestEnd, 1326 W. Madison (map), 312-981-7100
What’s tricky about the Big Ten Tournament in Chicago is that the United Center isn’t really close to all that much so from what I’ve seen it creates a slightly different scene in terms of the action outside the building.