Big Ten’s top 25 players for 2022-23 season: 10-6

Neither Liddell or Dickinson on the list too.

1 Like

Man, I have no idea how this list stacks up against other major conferences but it looks brutal right now. I doubt a single player listed so far will be drafted (though I think Jett and Bufkin have a better chance than all of these guys)

2 Likes

kind of self-selecting, though - guys who are draftable have either already been drafted, or haven’t shown enough to be drafted yet, which also means they aren’t likely to be on this (preseason) list. I think everyone agrees that jett is likely to be drafted, but none of us are expecting him to be a top 5 guy on this list. if they were ranking most likely to be drafted, this list would be a lot different.

3 Likes

HD 1 or we riot

Good news!!

2 Likes

Shannon going from 6th best player on Texas Tech to 6th best player in the BIG10 seems like a big jump.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty down year for the big ten, just take a peek at last years list and see the stark difference. 23-25 was 2 nba first rounders and Bohannon

1 Like

I think this says more about the misses on our list last year (Davis) than the individual quality of the league. Christie was probably ranked right around perfectly (he wasn’t All-Big Ten, for example).

Davis was a huge miss.

I disagree with the notion that he was the 6th best player on that team, but I think you also have to account for the fact that he played for a really good team and is going to see his role expand at Illinois.

As long as he stays healthy, I think he’s probably a 2nd Team AB10 type.

Davis was a miss, but overall you gotta admit there were way more freshman and sophomores with unknown but exciting potential last season. This year it looks to be nearly all known quantities, almost no breakout sophomores or one and done talent to get excited about.

I’m not sure that’s the case, to be honest. I think there are a lot of freshmen who probably figure into the mix (Clark, Howard, JHS, Epps, OSU’s youngsters, hell even Kohler) compared to last year where there were really only a few.

I also think the transfer crop coming in is probably a bit better than last year?

Problem is it is hard to rank people in both buckets on a preseason list.