Big Ten Discussion

Never thought much of Matta from an offensive standpoint but he was a very good to great defensive coach. It’s too early for me to really comment on how good holtmann will ultimately be. He’s definitely off to a great start.

I have no analytics just foggy memories. From what i can tell kbd is just shooting a lot better than he ever has at osu. I’m sure he is taking more shots off the dribble and being more of a primary play maker this year. But it just seems like he is red hot shooting the ball particularly in the mid range game. Don’t know if that is a credit to holtmann or not. Doesn’t really matter bc kbd has been near unstoppable.

1 Like

Good call on OSU, but Illinois learned the hard way that committing 31 fouls and putting the other team on the line 40 times is not a recipe for success. Brad Underwood must be happy they beat Mizzou because otherwise his first season is not going so well.

Yep - until the NCAA tournament comes and they play Duke, UNC, or (in one year) Calipari’s Memphis team.

1 Like

Dang, that win @OSU would have been really impressive…

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Marcus_R_Fuller/status/951668449432006656

If you want to sell stock in Big Ten teams: Maryland, Minnesota and Wisconsin are sinking quickly.

The bottom of the Big Ten has turned into quite a mess recently…

1 Like

The whole middle is a mess really. Illinois is the only team that hasn’t won a game and it has lost 3 games in overtime and is 12th in efficiency margin.

Rutgers is astronomically bad on offense, Maryland on defense. Bunch of teams around 3-2, 2-3 and tough to differentiate between them.

You’re right, I guess to me everything after the top 4 could qualify as “bottom” at this point. We’re really gonna need to beat one of the top 3 teams.

The Bucknuts are rocketing up KenPom - they’re at 18th(!) today. Maybe the game at Crisler will be another chance at a marquee win…

1 Like

Makes that Home game more important and that road loss hurt more.

2 Likes

The road loss has tormented me more and more by the day.

That 4 point play was still BS and if someone, anyone could have stepped up and made a play to stem the tide… one of the most frustrating losses in a long time. I literally didn’t sleep a minute Tuesday night, but I was still proud of how we played, the collapse against OSU was much harder to take.

2 Likes

13-6.

MSU -9.5 (vs Michigan) and Purdue -8.5 (at Minnesota) today. Due for a cold spell. :wink:

Unless Purdue has a let down from the UM game, they should blow out Minnesota.

Purdue launched 35 threes today against Minny.

lol at kenpom #100 Indiana being alone at 5th in the conference.

3 Likes

Holy crap - the line for the Purdue game was only 8.5??? Had people seen these two teams play recently?

When I used to trade options for a living and gamble for a little extra cash (back when it was legal), I used to wait months for opportunities like that.

That was a crazy bad line. That really was the line?

14-7 :slight_smile:

Taking Ohio State (-6) and Indiana (-2.5) today.

1 Like

Northwestern has managed to score 3 points in 11 minutes at Indiana. And it only trails by 10.

1 Like