Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

Michigan has had one Big Ten player of the week this year (Teska - Dec 2). I would be interested in the contributions on each team by year class. Who has the best freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior class.

Feels familiar…

2 Likes
1 Like

Simpson’s stats around the rim are crazy. He really needs help on offense. High assist numbers with good around the rim finishing with a low assist rate on those finishes… besides upping his 3pt%, there isn’t much else he can do.

1 Like

Another Big Ten absence

That’s a big loss for Wisconsin going to Iowa City. Whereas Michigan probably still has a skill advantage over Nebraska, the Badgers will be definitely on the short end now as compared to Iowa.

Sounds like he might be fed up not suspended:

Holy crap. Seems late in the season to be transferring. Would be be eligible for winter 2021 or is too late because winter 2020 term has already begun?

Transfer to Marquette in the offing?

Yeah, I’m not sure what to make of the above report:

King did not travel from Madison and, according to a source, is not happy with the direction of the team.

Head coach Greg Gard was not available for comment.

Justin Doherty, the UW sports administrator for the men’s basketball program, declined to comment Monday.

If he was suspended, I assume they’d state it?

You’d think so if for no other reason than to a avoid rampant speculation.

Wonder if his first name has to do with it? I imagine you’d idolize the guy you were named after or have the same name as.

1 Like

Iowa’s comeback is bringing back memories, but this one is on acid. Wiscy was up 12 mid second half. Iowa may, in fact, be a little different this year. Garza is a monster.

A flagrant 1 late on Davidson where he could have really hurt another player, but almost could slam dunk this win. I must be dreaming.

2 Likes

At this point, it’s almost like he can’t NOT play dirty. And he can’t NOT flop. Those are the things that people immediately think of when his name is mentioned. Which is a shame because he’s a tough competitor and has made some clutch shots over his career. Not the legacy he envisioned. A few years from now when he’s playing in some obscure City B-ball league and pulls this shit, he’ll be getting his ass kicked.

6 Likes

My least favorite player in the Big Ten, and it’s not really even close.

4 Likes

Jim Polzin, of the Wisconsin State Journal, showing us what unethical journalism looks like:

"They assessed a flagrant foul on Brad Davison for wrapping his arm around Connor McCaffery’s leg while chasing Wieskamp around a screen … “I’m not sure why that was a flagrant foul,” Davison said. “I’ve just got to find a better way to get around the screen, I guess.”

3 Likes