Biefeldt should be inserted into the starting lineup

I never thought I would say this, but Max should be starting. Put him at the 4 spot, he can shoot the 3 ball, he brings size, and he rebounds pretty well. Michigan instantly becomes a better rebounding and defensive team by taking spike off the floor, I know Beilein loves to play small and he can still do that with his rotations by subbing spike in and 2 taking the 2 bigs out for Chatman and Donnal when they need a rest. Spike is banged up and is not playing well enough to keep starting on a week to week basis, Max has played well these past 2 Big Ten games. He deserves a shot especially against a team like Wisconsin with all their size.

You look at Spike numbers on the season he plays essentially 27 minutes a game. He gives Michigan 5 points a game, 2 rebounds, and 3 assists.
You look at Max numbers on the season… He gives Michigan 4 points a game, 3 rebounds, but he only plays 10 MINUTES A GAME.

Max is also shooting close to 40% from 3 point land on the year… he is not out their to score, he is their to rebound and play defense. Whatever they get from him offensively kind of like the case with spike is a bonus. I don’t think people realize that Spike is barely shooting over 30% from 3 point land this year and only 37% on the year overall as field goal percentage, hopefully he snaps out of it and returns to his average a year ago as I know he is banged up but he is not playing well. I don’t know how much longer Beilein can keep trotting him out their when he clearly is not healthy and not producing. Max deserves a shot.

Starters

1. Walton
  2. Irvin
  3. Dawkins
  4. Max
  5. Doyle
    Rotation
  6. Spike
  7. Chatman
  8. Donnal
  9. Rakhman

That is a solid 9 right their, I also like how Rakhman has been playing lately he is starting to develop.

You make a compelling case. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get more PT by running that lineup. Let Spike just run time at PG. Donnal just run time at the 5 behind Doyle. Chatman and MAAR rotate in at the guard/wing positions.

If anything, your proposed starting lineup would be a decent rebounding (Beilein) team with Dawkins and Irvin at the 2-3 spots.

Bielfeldt is playing very solid. Love the hustle, effort, and energy he brings. The team feeds off it and he is clearly beloved by his teammates.

Been saying we should try the 2 BIG line up for a long time, so agree with you other than maybe the bench rotation which should be MAAR over Spike and Donnal before Kam.

I don’t think Irvin has ever played the two for JB. If you look at Saturday’s game, the minutes of Walton, Spike, MAAR, and Dakich = 90. Those four combined to play 80 minutes at Rutgers. In other words, even with Caris out, Irvin has not played the two at all. It looks like the guard minutes will be played with those four players. Lineups with Max and Doyle or Max and Donnal will not include both Irvin and Dawkins. Maybe you think JB should put Irvin (or Dawkins) at a new position, but it seems unlikely at this stage, and Bielfeldt’s and Spike’s minutes will not affect each other.

I don't think Irvin has ever played the two for JB. If you look at Saturday's game, the minutes of Walton, Spike, MAAR, and Dakich = 90. Those four combined to play 80 minutes at Rutgers. In other words, even with Caris out, Irvin has not played the two at all. It looks like the guard minutes will be played with those four players. Lineups with Max and Doyle or Max and Donnal will not include both Irvin and Dawkins. Maybe you think JB should put Irvin (or Dawkins) at a new position, but it seems unlikely at this stage, and Bielfeldt's and Spike's minutes will not affect each other.

Translation - we need at least 2 guys on the court that can dribble at all times.

I think our best offensive lineup would be
walton
maar
dawkins
irving
doyle

bring biefeldt and chatman in with spike off the bench. Maar and Dawkins can give this offensive a shot in the arm/their the best perimeter defenders at this point. I dont see a negative in playing them together. If you want to insert Biefeldt I am ok with that, but I still like doyle although hes cooled down a bit. He just brings more explosiveness to the rim off the dish.

this offense I apologize, didn’t mean to send that just yet.