Basketball on Peacock?!

Ugh … I’m all for tiered pricing but they should also tier the product and I guess I think a day old game is a Very Different product than a live game, for which commercials seems pretty reasonable. Wonder what they do w first run vs re-run regular tv (Eg, Americas got talent or whatever). I suppose more commercials on basic, er, ‘premium’ subscription, regardless of when it is viewed.

2 Likes

Ad-Free Hulu and YouTube still make you watch ads I recorded broadcasts!

That’s funny.

I found the rewind and fast forward very difficult to use compared to most streaming services. Almost unusable.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure where to put this but, I’m in Vancouver and have a TV where I’m staying that isn’t connected to any broadcast platform and my Peacock subscription isn’t usable in Canada. Any suggestions on bootleg-viewing today’s football game would be welcome.

Download an adblock extension and google SportSurge

1 Like

Any adblocker that you recommend?

ublock is what I use generally

1 Like

@JD1 did you end up figuring something out?

1 Like

I went over to my sister’s (who lives here) place and watched it there on TV. I just wasn’t sure if that was an option.
However, I may need to use that service to find the Lions game. Her cable is showing 3 or 4 games, but Lions/Panthers isn’t one.

Current views

1 Like

So Canada gets NBC? That seemed like the obvious answer to me but I didn’t know if it was available to our friends in the great white north.

Yeah, they get all the networks, at least on cable. Although, I guess they don’t have some streaming services connected with the networks (like Peacock) yet. I can’t use ESPN+ here either.

1 Like