An observation about the BTT in Washington D.C

In terms of traffic on the site, Washington D.C. is the No. 5 metro area in terms of percentage of traffic.

Detroit, Chicago, NYC and Grand Rapids are the four cities ahead, so an East coast shift could be a boost to Michigan in the grand scheme of things – U-M never drew that well in Indy anyway.

Michigan has 15k alums in Washington DC as well

As a DC area alum, I can say there are many of us from what I can tell. Also believe there are a number of Penn st. Alumni as well. At the very least it should not make the tourney semi home for IU.

I bet that UM, NU, PSU, OSU, Illinois, and Wiscy and others have more alumni in both NYC and DC than in any metro area outside their own state and Chicago. In other words, more UM, NU, OSU, PSU, and Wiscy alumni will be able to go locally to a tournament in DC or NYC than they would in Minny or Detroit (except UM) or Cleveland (except OSU), etc. Of course, travel to DC or NYC might be harder for those not from PSU, MD, or Rutgers. But they are also prime places to visit.

I bet that UM, NU, PSU, OSU, Illinois, and Wiscy and others have more alumni in both NYC and DC than in any metro area outside their own state and Chicago. In other words, more UM, NU, OSU, PSU, and Wiscy alumni will be able to go locally to a tournament in DC or NYC than they would in Minny or Detroit (except UM) or Cleveland (except OSU), etc. Of course, travel to DC or NYC might be harder for those not from PSU, MD, or Rutgers. But they are also prime places to visit.

Yep. I would love to see Barclays just because I think it’s a great venue and Michigan has always drawn very well there. But I believe they have some other tourney conflicts (ACC/A10?).

Looks like Barclays is out 2017-18 (ACC) and 2019-21 (A10), unless the B1G gets the A10 out of there one year with a deal like the ACC gave them (some nonconf games):

I wonder if the B1G-Big East deal would stop the B1G from competing in the same market at conference tournament time. Probably not, and NYC is big enough it shouldn’t matter. Wouldn’t be surprised to see DC in '17, '20, and then Barclays in '22 or '23.

Couldnt B1G and A10 both play their tourneys the same year at Barclays? Not sure but maybe A10 tourney ends earlier than B1G tourney starts?

Couldnt B1G and A10 both play their tourneys the same year at Barclays? Not sure but maybe A10 tourney ends earlier than B1G tourney starts?

Pretty sure A10 tourney ends on Sunday as well.