2024 Olympic Basketball

I mean, this is a guy that scored 24 points in 17 games for Michigan last year - against worse competition than he just faced in Spain. He made 2 threes all season!

1 Like

A French frontline with Gobert and Wemby is kinda scary.

1 Like

Yeah, the 3s at the end looked pure but the makes after the dunk looked like classic “no no yes!” shots.

1 Like

No 3-second rule and you can knock the ball out of the rim after it hits the rim, France will be nearly impossible to score on inside the paint against Goebert and Wemby.

2 Likes

Wemby changes things but France was not that good last year in the WC. Since they’re at home and adding Wemby id expect better play but their guard play is not very good.

1 Like

Giannis had 32 points on 11/11 shooting today against the Dominican Republic

4 Likes

France has a bajillion wings and two giants, but no guards. If Traore is as good as the hype, he could be the answer to it once he’s ready to play for the senior national team.

1 Like

Maledon and DeColo will be your PGs. Not close to what they once had but they should be ok.

Yeah Traore’s development is big for them. He seems better than the string of French guards that have busted recently. This is probably Gobert’s last useful Olympics though. They’ll be fine size wise cause all their wings are BIG, plus Wemby.

I’d put Fournier above those guys(De Colo is 37 now) but yeah they’re fine. They’ll contend for a medal. Fournier really needs this tournament to get back on track. It’s been a tough couple seasons for him.

2 Likes

Still think he may have 1 more in him. Batum is 35 playing for France. If Gobert stays healthy I don’t see them turning him away.

He def might play but I’m just not sure he’ll be good. A big like him could age pretty quickly potentially

1 Like

The obvious solution for France is a 1-3-1 with Wemby running the baseline. But also sometimes he’s at the top bc we need to see that too.

1 Like

Semis are set in Puerto Rico on Saturday

Italy vs Lithuania
Mexico vs Puerto Rico

This means Italy or Lithuania will be eliminated from contention.

1 Like

Giannis vs Luka tomorrow

Greece-Slovenia is definitely the game of the day tomorrow.

Jose Alvarado had 29 for PR to beat Italy. That would be really cool if they could beat Lithuania/Italy in the final. Bahamas beating Spain would also be fun. Would be a rousing win for the Americas over Europe if PR, Brazil, and Bahamas qualify

1 Like

Puerto Rico hasn’t been this exciting since Carlos Arroyo beat the 2004 USA team by 20

3 Likes

Greece looking quite good. Better than they’ve looked in a few years. Thomas Walkup is easily the best naturalized player

https://twitter.com/BGSUMBB/status/1809585248683913328

Tum Tum vs YoYo and “historic” in the same hype post is not something I had on my basketball bingo card.

11 Likes

Thats former Spartan great Tum Tum Nairn. Get it right!!!