2024 NBA Playoffs Thread

Just really hard to win this deep in the playoffs when there’s a guy like DJJ that is such a non threat on offense.

Absolutely does not want to shoot it.

https://x.com/halfcourthoops/status/1799970553971044420?s=46&t=BGcAgwCymE8mcq1NOiMt6w

Kidd still sending doubles at a 4/13 Tatum who has 10 assists for… reasons.

Has a role player for Dallas hit a three yet? Kleber, DJJ, Washington and Green have been useless. Maybe put Hardaway in?

1 Like

Brad Stephens. As good a coach/GM as Pat Riley?

PP has always been a killer. :snowflake::cold_face:

as a coach he doesn’t have a resume to stack up anywhere close to Riley. But he’s clearly a great basketball mind and very good executive. The dude is obviously smart cause he realized NBA life > college life. Then realized front office life > coaching life.

1 Like

Non-Kyrie Mavs have made 14 shots. Nine of them are off of Luka assists.

Not even the lack of points from the supporting cast but the total lack of creation.

1 Like

and then had the chutzpah to go get KP and Jrue, which is proving he was the guy for the job.

I think Ainge drafted Brown and Tatum and was able to dump over the hill KG and Pierce to the Nets for assets.

He got Derrick White for Josh Richardson, Romeo Langford and the 25th overall pick.

1 Like

hilarious thing I heard in an Ainge interview the other day, he was talking about how he thought the KG-Pierce to Nets trade was a win win and he was just so shocked that trade didn’t work out for the Nets. Riiiiiight.

Brad takes DARKO very seriously

https://x.com/BillSimmons/status/350304660172713984?t=e6rdXzsV87VI27NKOto8Wg&s=19

Jrue Holiday is someone you just want on your team. I remember in the last Olympics, he was the one guy you just felt comfortable with when games got tight.

5 Likes

Ainge eventually got both Brown and Tatum through that Nets trade. Stephens has been able to fill the gaps but having two superstars helps attract other players.

drop the KP, White, Holiday DARKO charts

The Mavs got 9 points off the bench. Why not give TIMMAY a try?

1 Like

I’m not sure we have ever talked enough about Ainge trading out of the first pick to get Tatum who they would have taken at 1 anyway, picking up another first in the move, and then being dead on right about the Tatum/Fultz decision. A little luck played in but still, just a masterful move with so much on the line.

2 Likes

Somewhat related: I saw him play baseball in Toronto when I was a kid.

1 Like

Still on serve, but Cs look like the best team in the NBA.