2022 NBA Draft Discussion

1 Like

This shows my overall level of ignorance with the NBA-level talent in college, but it feels like there should be more than 6 college teams with more NBA talent than Michigan this year. I understand Jett gets buzz but that isnt even the best NBA prospect in the league (guessing thats JHS). Who else are we thinking about? Youssef? Kobe? Llewellyn? Certainly not HD at this pointā€¦

3 Likes

Youā€™d think that Alabama, who has Brandon Miller (one of the current highest ranked college prospects) would be over Michigan just by virtue of having him, ditto South Carolina with GG Jackson. Its not like either team has more than that, but Iā€™m not sure who is holding Michiganā€™s rating upā€¦FSU has Baba Miller. Indiana with Trayce and Hood-Schifano? I mean, I donā€™t see a Michigan player in most mocks.

3 Likes

The nba scouts look at who is the Michigan HC.
You guys all know how highly Juwan is thought of in the nba.:wink:

3 Likes

Mike is a huge Kobe fan going back to HS. Iā€™m guessing Kobe is the primary reason he has them listed at all.

He explains further down that most of the hype is around Jett, but he also considers Kobe and HD as fringe prospects. Says after the top 6 or so there is not much separation and the fringe prospects start to factor in more.

After last night, he might be onto something with Jett and Kobe.

2 Likes

As much as I hate to say it Jett has one and done written all over himā€¦

7 Likes

Donā€™t see it.

3 Likes

Obviously one thing thatā€™s different with Jett is that he doesnā€™t need to hurry to the league for money reasons and it isnā€™t like it is some amazing fantasy his family could never dream of. If heā€™s enjoying playing with his dad and brother, having success, and enjoying college life - he might stick around even if he gets a second round promise.

Letā€™s just enjoy the start of the year before we worry either way.

6 Likes