2021-2022 Call Your Shot Thread

1. Dickinson fouls out of exactly 1 game - at Illinois.
  2. The Wolverines win fewer games due to early losses…but finish strong, winning the BTT and make the Final Four.
  3. Brooks and Dickinson play 25+ min in every regular season game - the only players to do so as we play 9 deep.
  4. Johns fulfills his biggest fans dreams with +2 games over 25 pts and >3 double double points and rebounds.
  5. Coach drains +4 pregame mid-court no look 3’s.

Edited to reduce to 5.

1 Like
  1. Bufkin is starting by the end of the year

2. Hunter attempts fewer than 30 3’s this year and still isn’t particularly good over his left shoulder

3. Devante’ shoots worse than 36% from 3.

4. Moussa is back next year

(If I wasn’t HOT TAKING this stuff I’d say there’s a 40%, 60%, 65%, and 60% chance of each of these bullet points respectively)

1 Like

Houstan rarely plays the 4 and Bufkin rarely plays the 3 which will drive me crazy

1 Like

Mixhigan finishes outside the top 25 for Kenpom’s adjusted ORtg.

[Editing on…]

And inside the top 2 for defense.

Who/what are you down on? You had Michigan like 5th in conference. Just curious

I thought he was just doing a halfway BigBoutros thing there?

1 Like

No, I’m not memeing. Ok well maybe a little with the fifth place above. I’m extremely dubious on the team’s shooting to the point where it’s a legit concern for me. If Williams is as good in game as he apparently has been in practice, this is less so. But in reality a Jones/Brooks/Houstan/Johns/Dickinson lineup obviously has some potential shooting problems and I don’t think the shot creation is elite enough to alleviate that for me. I’m not as high on Jones as many it seems, though I think he’ll be fine. I think part of the formula last year was that Mike Smith and Livers were just absurd in their shot making from deep. Hell, Brown was at 42% also. But Livers was just crazy. I don’t think Houstan replicates that and I think it would be unfair to assume he will. Kobe Bufkin is a major key in this all changing for me as it seems like he would provide both if he puts it together right away.

In reality I think we skirt the line of 25, but my hot take is that we’re looking more like 2018 Michigan Kenpom-wise than last year. I don’t think offense out of the top 25 is a crazy take, that’s not easy! 2018 and 2019 we were 35th and 24th, respectively. I won’t eat a lemon if I’m wrong or anything, I very much could be. But I think there will be some very frustrating games offensively with the group listed above, along with the potential ability to make it irrelevant with defense. Thus, 2018 Michigan.

I do believe those who post here often know that I’m not a blindly pessimistic fan who expects the worst at any given point in time. I just have questions.

3 Likes

Yeah I know you’re not which is why I asked as I was curious to hear your explanation. Your predictions just stand out currently

1 Like

I’m with you on Zeb

I’ll go one up: two assistants leave after the season.

Howard gets ejected at least once

Minnesota doesn’t finish last in the big ten

Two different Michigan players score 30 points in a game.

Brandon johns has an incredible dunk, but Eli brooks has the dunk of the year (breakaway windmill).

4 Likes

Diabate and Houstan are both OAD.

1 Like