2020 Transfer Market

I could see Bohannon grad transferring but if he did I would imagine it would be to a blue blood situation in another conference rather than in the Big Ten. Just a pure guess though.

Illinois and Northwestern could be teams in play too. Heā€™s from Bettendorf which is only 3 hours away from Northwestern.

How good is Bohannan going to be next year? Spike was a shell of himself after his hip surgeries, granted he had 2 and Bohannans only had 1 from what I know

Even if Bohannon is reduced to a catch and shoot guard heā€™s going to be damn good at that. If Iowa lands Carton, with Wieskamp, Garza, Bohannon, Toussaint and Frederick returning + the coachā€™s kids, thatā€™s a national contender ceiling imo. Defense will clearly be what could hold that team back but offensively theyā€™d have as much or more firepower than anyone in the country

1 Like

I donā€™t think they can be a national title contender for the reason you said at the beginning of the last sentence. That #5 Adj O can move up a few spots though :smiley:

Originally a Michigan kid. His brother Jaden is one of the best 2021s.

3 Likes

I bet this one becomes the top priority for juwan

1 Like

Now this is a player I would love to land for next year

1 Like

Getting Amauri couldnt hurt with Jaden

1 Like

DJ Carton with a waiver to play next year + Luka Garza and Iowaā€™s entire returning team would be really really fun to watch

1 Like

I really like Prohm at ISU and would love to see Carton end up thereā€¦ also doesnt hurt that is out of conference :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Amauri Hardy transferring makes things very interesting. Heā€™s a Detroit native PG and his brother Jaden could theoretically either reclass into 2020 or be a 2021. Michigan and MSU should be teams to keep an eye on.

3 Likes

Good point. I donā€™t recall anybody mentioning it here, but the mental health exemption makes perfect sense.

Had the opportunity to watch Hardy a lot in HS. Heā€™s more of scorer/2 guard than a true PG. I only watched a couple UNLV games and donā€™t recall how much he was on the ball but he would seem to fit the mold of an Eli Brooks more than a true PG replacement.

1 Like

How rare are non-redshirt three-year grad transfers? That is super impressive to get your bachelorā€™s in three years WHILE not just playing high level basketball but being a key contributor all three years.

Re: Cartonā€¦
Iowa has so many backcourt players returning. Not that he wouldnā€™t start and play huge minutes there anyway, but with Haliburton heading to the NBA, ISU would seem like an ideal move.

1 Like

Personally I think DJ should go to whatever coach promises him heā€™ll be the player of the year in the conference next season

21 Likes

Is it weird to ask if Juwan would look at Carton since he is kicking the tires on others?

Louisville PG Darius Perry mentions Michigan as a team recruiting him apparently.