2020 Recruits - Michigan in Short List

Pretty crazy that Juwan couldn’t make explicit plans for visits during a dead period…

2 Likes

OK, my comment is based on our recruiting targets talking about explicit plans to other schools while talking in more abstract terms about potential visits to Michigan. Could that have been a sign of other schools violating dead period rules? I guess. I don’t recall that being brought up in those discussions at the time.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me if schools ignored the dead periods. There is next to no reason to care about any NCAA rules at this point. There won’t be any meaningful punishment no matter what you do.

2 Likes

Can’t argue with that…

1 Like

There’s no reason that you can’t talk with a kid to schedule a visit during a dead or eval period (that will take place at a time when they are allowed). Just happens that most of those visits (especially those in September) start getting scheduled in early August, right where we are.

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up!

Dylan,

Reposting your visit schedule.

https://umhoops.com/official-visits/

Any reason Isaiah Todd isn’t on your “Scheduled Visits”, “Expected Visits”, or “Potential Visits” list?

He named Michigan in his Top 5, so I assume he be at least a “Potential Visit.”

I think Dylan puts recruits into those categories when there has been any talk of a visit being set up. As far as I know, there has been no such talk with Todd. Being in the “top 5” doesn’t mean what it used to–we were in the “final 2” for Abdur-Rahim without a visit, and the “final 3” for Williams without a visit, but the lack of visit by either made a commitment something which was not going to occur. Until Todd even talks about a visit, our inclusion on his list seems relatively meaningless to me.

2 Likes

That makes sense. Hope Isaiah Todd talks about a visit soon.

I don’t think Michigan’s odds for Todd are very good. Kansas, Kentucky and UNC are all more likely.

1 Like

I’ll never understand the insistence of players that they are a position up from what they are best at. From high school to NBA it’s a common occurrence.

1 Like

Everyone 6’8+ wants to be a wing. Anyone between 6’4-6’7 wants to be a PG.

7 Likes

Yet think of the advantages of having wing skills but playing the 4/5!

Was calling Livers a “big guard” a strategic move?

So true and so absurd

which is just code for “i want the ball in my hands” right?