2020 Recruiting Notes

Geez! What type of glasses do you wear? I could never have spotted him.

Can you actually distinguish that to be him?

I honestly was about to edit it and say it definitely was him lol. Me posting that above I literally stopped the video and put it on this forum without watching anymore. He was in the video the entire timešŸ˜‚. I only saw Calipari and an assistant and Yaklich there. Might have missed any more in the video.

Clearly Yaklich in the tunnel, with Jalen Wilsonā€™s dad.

1 Like

Ok, I am making an appointment with my eye doctor. Good find guys

1 Like

If anyone knows The Whoā€™s-who of the Texas basketball scene, itā€™d be cool for someone to look through the people courtside and see who yaklich was briefly sitting with and talking to in the tunnel!

1 Like

Calipari recruiting green or Hampton or both?

Both. Has already offered both I believe.

Rivals named Australian native Jayden Stone the ā€œmost skilledā€ at the Holiday Hoopsgiving event:

Michigan isnā€™t mentioned. Auburn, Creighton, Iowa State, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt are listed as the schools ā€œshowing the most love.ā€ Iā€™m surprised that Michigan hasnā€™t pursued him more heavily. Iā€™d prefer him to Morton, frankly. Thereā€™s probably still time to get involved, as itā€™s still early for 2020 recruits.

I think heā€™s too similar to what Zeb Jackson is. So I think they probably arenā€™t really recruiting him anymore. Morton has size. Thatā€™s the thing that goes in his, Cunningham, RJ Hampton and those other bigger guardsā€™ favors. All of them are at least 6ā€™6 now apparently.

1 Like

New article on Morton. Itā€™s hard to get a read on where heā€™s leaning. On Michigan:

ā€œThe visit was very impressive. The track record coach (John) Beilein has with that program taking them to two national championships and having all the success is impressive. Everything they do is really good.ā€

On Mortonā€™ decision timeframe:

Heā€™s hoping to have a decision out of the way before his senior season starts, but isnā€™t ruling out a relatively early decision sometime after his junior season.

1 Like

I donā€™t think heā€™s seripusly considering Michigan personally. Zeb, Jalen Wilson, Cole Bajema and pretty much every kid who commits to Michigan generally talks with a little more detail about visits. He answered that pretty vague and cliched on how a typical visit goes when asked. And frankly Iā€™m ok with him not coming to Michigan because I think/feel there are better options out there. With that being said, if he did commit, I wouldnā€™t be upset. Heā€™s a good player nonetheless.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Big - Walker Kessler (Offer)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Wing - Camā€™Ron Fletcher (Target)

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 - F - Dawson Garcia (Target)

Same with Caleb Love in a recent interview. Only mention of Michigan was that it was his last visit but doesnā€™t mention as a school recruiting hardestā€¦

Curious to know besides Kessler, Morton and Fletcher where their recruiting attention is focused post-Jackson commitment

1 Like

Please Cade Cunningham and RJ Hampton

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Wing - Cade Cunningham (Target)

RJ Hampton is still mentioning us.

A new five star target as well. Seems like the staff is getting after some high level guys. Sure would be cool to get a top wing in the class.

3 Likes

Would be great if we could really spin this season to get an elite class. Seems like our 2020 board is wide open