2020 - PG - Jalen Terry (Oregon Commit)

Izzo has a history of recruiting, playing and starting 6ft and under PG’s. Terry is twice as talented as Hoggard.

Terry made that roster scary because Izzo’s system depends on a true PG running things.

Loyer/Hoggard-now the weak spot on the roster imo
Watts/Hoggard
Henery/Hall
Hauser/Brown/Bingham
Kithier/Sisoko

Only sub 6’ players he’s recruited are Terry, Loyer, Tum Tum, Trice and Lucious. And like I’ve been saying, I think it’s hard when you’re that small and that thin to run the show on a good team. None of the others were ready to be the guy right off the bat. Now, after a year or two in college in a good program, he’d be in a better spot to do it. I just don’t think he’s the recruit you want to step in and run the show from day one based on his physical limitations. Not a knock on him as a prospect or his talent, neither of which I’ve been critical of.

He got Neitzel too

1 Like

Jalen Terry, Foster Loyer, Tum Tum Nairn, Travis Trice, Kori Lucious, Drew Nietzel, Kalin Lucas, and Cassius isn’t 6’2.

Not to mention guys he recruited like Tyler Ulis, Xavier Simpson and a host of others.

Point is, Terry was recruited to take Winstons starting spot and complete that roster. I’m curious where they go from here.

Haven’t really read much of this debate but I feel like saying Hoggard is better than Terry is kinda baseless at this point.

1 Like

You’re still not addressing my overall point, but whatever

You’re suggesting that Terry has such physical limitations that would prohibit him from leading a contending team from day one. I completely disagree, it has happened in the past and I believe that he is more than talented enough to do it for MSU especially considering the roster that they have coming to the program. He was recruited to do so.

Agree to disagree.

4 Likes

I doubt his usage would be higher than low 20s even if he started on that team. Offense would run through Watts, Henry and Hauser

Former Nebraska commit DeAndre Davis just committed to Louisville and Jalen retweeted that tweet. Didn’t think those two have had much interactions in the past so that is a bit of a eyebrow raiser to me. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Jalen go to Louisville.

He would be a good fit at Louisville

Man, LVille didn’t seem to feel any effect of anything huh? Lol

2 Likes

I think we and SMU football are the only programs to ever really suffer after a scandal lol. Though Brian Ellerbe did more damage than sanctions ever did.

Either way, usually programs are only negatively affected while there’s uncertainty. Pitino got fired, then they had an interim coach. Recruiting was bad for a year. Then they hired a pretty good coach in Chris Mack.

I expect Kansas to suffer this recruiting season due to uncertainty. Once things are more settled, whether it’s with Self or without, things will go back to normal for them assuming they don’t do anything stupid.

Just look at Arizona too. Decommits while the news is coming out. Then they sign two top 15 prospects in the 2019 class

2 Likes

I’d say USC football took a big step back

Not because of sanctions. Their worst recruiting class after Carroll was this past year. They’ve been in the top 10 for recruiting almost every year the last decade. Their problem is their athletic department was a mess and they were hiring mediocre coaches

Two nepotism / cronyism hires in Kiffin / Helton and then a guy with a 34-29 record coming in (with no season better than 8 wins) in Sarkisian. USC just loves shooting themselves in the foot. Crazy that they should kept Orgeron when he was a head coach. Weirdly, he’s smart enough to know he doesn’t know and should just stick to eating tons of Jambalaya in kids living rooms and let proven assistants take over.

2 Likes

Short term Loyer, Watts and Hoggard.

Long term, they have several offers out to of types.

It is quite frustrating how little such schools suffer from perpetrating all kinds of ugly. I’m looking at you PSU and MSU.

3 Likes

As has been stated over and over… no Michigan contact here.

Saw a crystal ball come in for Terry to Louisville. Now THAT makes some sense. I thought it was laughable that anyone ever put in a prediction for Terry to UM, based on next to nothing.

2 Likes