2020 - PG - Jalen Terry (Oregon Commit)

Never said they weren’t. Just saying it doesn’t mean every kid they nab was done by being dirty.

For sure. Terry would have been a nice option for us if we didn’t already have Jackson. Will be curious to see who turns out to be better.

Maliq Carr has power 5 football and basketball offers? Impressive.

Yes. He is a pretty good basketball player but football looks like his best sport from what I’ve seen. And his size and athleticism as a WR is pretty impressive for being 6’6.

Terry and Beecher played Ty Rodgers and Grand Blanc last night.

Well the Jalen Terry-Zeb Jackson battles should be fun going forward

2 Likes

Huge pickup for MSU. Solidifies their next PG after Winston. Not great news for Loyer too.

Quite a talent.

Puts them in a very good spot to land Isaiah Jackson now as well. Isaiah has been high school teammates with Rocket Watts for the last two years and AAU teammates with Terry for the last 2 or 3 years as well. Jackson has a already built up chemistry and connection with the two guards he’d be playing mainly with in college if he chose MSU.

Sean Scherer (head of MSU 24/7) just put in a crystal ball for Jalen Terry to Michigan… Historically, no one at that site ever has any real good info but that still makes you go uhhhh

Nooooo

Zeb>>>>>

5 Likes

He is absolutely horrible at CBs. I like Terry’s game, but I don’t want him with Zeb already in fold. Need to use the additional spots on a wing and C

3 Likes

FWIW Henschke on 247 said he spoke directly to Terry and he said he hasn’t heard from Michigan since he decommitted from MSU. Sam Webb chimed in and said this is/was a baseless rumor and that Michigan is not recruiting him and it hasn’t well before he committed to MSU.

7 Likes

Not happening.

2 Likes

He might have invented the sabotage crystal ball…

4 Likes

More likely the passsive-aggressive crystal ball.

3 Likes

Terry isn’t close to the profile of recruit that Juwan has gone after. I think he is going to be a solid college PG, but probably at a mid tier P5 school, not Michigan or MSU due to his physical limitations. Doesn’t really mesh with Zeb and our other guards. I’d be thrilled to have him in the sense that he’s pretty much a guaranteed 4 year player, but only after getting Zeb + one of our other G targets. If we have a spot in the spring and he’s still available, I’d kick the tires. But right now, it doesn’t make sense to seriously consider him.

1 Like

I think you’re underselling his talent by a lot, but either way I’m very happy with Zeb and we have much bigger needs.

His physical limitations?

That kid would be welcome on any B1G team in the conference. Louisville is recruiting him.

The kid is big time.

3 Likes