2020 - Forward - Lance Ware (UK Commit)

Welp…that escalated quickly!

I get it though. From Ware’s perspective they made him a priority, but probably would continue to shop his spot.

I think it makes sense for Kentucky. I think they’ve lacked the bulldog type that Ware is. They’ll have 5 star offensive talent at all the other positions and now they’ll have the guy that’ll do the dirty work and get the garbage baskets.

1 Like

Has he visited them?

Maybe a junior-year visit? Also eat to wonder if that’s why suddenly Todd’s scheduled with M.

1 Like

Another top two that doesn’t pick Michigan:( happy for the kid tho.

1 Like

Well we knew it was a 2 or 3 horse race (Ohio State), and that he was waiting for Kentucky to make their play. Love to get him, and I’m honestly excited to hear his choice. I feel good about it.

Unfortunately anybody that know even a little about his recruitment is saying he’s going to Kentucky.

Hopefully Michigan can get a visit scheduled and build some momentum in the recruitment of Brakefield. I prefer 4s in that mold anyways.

2 Likes

Of course Kentucky was his lead school. Of course he was waiting for Kentucky to make their move. Now they made their move and we don’t know if the move was a “come here and be the dude for us” or a “you’ll be behind these other players if/when they commit.” He seems like a guy who wants to play and play at a high level, so we would have to see how he would handle the latter move. I’m not saying we are the favorite, but I am optimistic about our chances.

UK assistant Kenny Payne and Pervis Ellison are very close, like grew up together and are best friends close. Ellison is wares main advisor.

2 Likes

I get having optimism, but all these analysts (including Matt D and Chris Balas) aren’t just guessing he’s going to UK.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be that guy, but 90% of recruit announcements are formalities, and already known to insiders. He’s going to UK.

6 Likes

Didn’t realize Ellison and Payne were that close. After reading into it a bit…yeah hah. Thanks for helping me out on that.

And yeah it is optimism. We all knew his recruitment was going to be based on Kentucky’s answer from the beginning. He got an answer, and now we will just have to see.

I can see the logic of thinking that Ware might have been told something about his place in the pecking order at Kentucky and has since decided he’s coming to M. But if UK felt that way, well, maybe you don’t need an in-home visit to say ``we’ll take you in the class but our priorities are elsewhere". And the crystal balls. But we’ll see tomorrow, and, at the very least, we’ll know how to go from there.

I agree with the above comment on Brakefield anyways, though I do also want to see Juwan gets the guys he wants regardless of my own personal opinion.

1 Like

Not sure how many more ways we can say that it is Kentucky.

3 Likes

Can one more random person come in to help me see the light? I don’t know if enough people have let me know.

4 Likes

Sure! It’s Kentucky.

1 Like

phoenixdown

2 Likes

c’est kentucky.

Es ist Kentucky.

ਇਹ ਕੇਂਟਕੀ ਹੈ.

3 Likes