2019 - Wing - Jalen Wilson (De-Commit)

Some big names in that announcement. Does participation in this event preclude one from being a McDonald’s AA or have those rosters already been announced?

I watched a video that BBB tweeted and read the opening of that article and stopped there because I assumed that were the only top 100 caliber players. Didn’t realize he was in it til now. Somehow Jalen was not worthy of a mention in those

Burger AAs have already been announced. Not certain, but I think I read somewhere that there was a limit to the number of post-season all-American games you could participate in…3 maybe?

The rules state you can only play in two postseason all star games. The Nike Hoop Summit does not count in that number because the players are representing the US.

Usually, the McDonald’s and the Jordan are the two most prestigious games but I haven’t seen anything on the Jordan game this year. The Allen Iverson game has some really good players as of right now including former target Cole Anthony.

High Profile “All-American” Games
McDonald’s
Jordan (EYBL players and/or bigger recruits not in McD’s)
Derby Classic (adidas sponsored and/or Louisville signees)
Allen Iverson
BallisLife
Capitol Classic (use to be really big)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Help is on the way!

4 Likes

Hopefully he’ll be able to translate to the college level. some shooters are what is missing from this offense.

Need 1 or 2 guys who can score in iso scenarios too though.

1 Like

Agreed besides Matthews and Iggy no one else could really do that. i was hoping that would be something added to Jordan’s game. he could at times and other times he would get a little wild with the ball.

1 Like

Jalen Wilson is a good shooter, but are we sure he’s instantly an impact 3 point shooter? He shot something like 27% from 3 last summer. Does seem like he’s improved though, but I think people may be disappointed if they’re expecting Zak Irvin or Jordan Poole like 3 point shooting as a freshman.

I’ll be surprised if either of the two incoming freshmen are impact shooters. It takes a special freshman to crack the rotation. At least early on in the season. A grad transfer is what I’m looking for, assuming a spot is available. Livers and a sharp-shooting transfer should open up the floor some.

1 Like

Grad tranfer’s could be part of a solution. The transfer must be able to adopt to a difficult to learn offense while also playing good discipline defense. We need to hope DDJ, Johns or Nunez take a big leap next year because if they do not that will be problematic. As we have seen this year I would not count on freshmen to play a major role unless they have the skill, strength and confidence that Iggy showed this year.

2 Likes

I think we’re straight. I’m confident eli will be a whole new man with his play next year compared to this year.

2 Likes
1 Like

:rofl: Some lockdown D being played in that one, if those possessions are any indication.

5 Likes
1 Like

If Jalen Wilson ever takes a crossover pull up 3 (from above video) from the wing next year and Beilein claps for it I’ll buy everyone in here a beer… can’t wait to see this dude in Maize and Blue!

1 Like

That stroke is looking extra smooth on this fine Tuesday. Can’t wait to see him here.

1 Like

He has the build of a guy that should be able to play right away.

3 Likes