2019 Recruiting Notes

Yeah, Dylan, it would have been the best outcome, but it didn’t happen. Stop torturing yourself with “could have beens” and enjoy the fact that we landed Franz.

I’m not torturing myself? Just pointing out that those either/or debates usually tend to be about guys that Michigan prioritized and didn’t prioritize. Or where Michigan took player X before player Y had a chance to commit.

2 Likes

Orion tweeted that the staff is after Donovan Johnson now.

7 Likes

He will end up at UNC, Arizona or Pitt if I am to guess where he goes in 2019. All those places have family connections

Potentially Arizona if he is 2019. I think UNC wants him in 2020.

I wish Michigan could go get a quality perimeter player like this for 2019 this late.

1 Like

Would be a weird fit to add another 6-foot guard.

they did…his name is Franz Wagner

9 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Does Michigan need more playmaking guards on the 2019-20 roster?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Does Michigan need more playmaking guards on the 2019-20 roster?

Meant it’d be nice to add another guard but was implying it be a shooting guard that could score because that is what Michigan needs if anything now.

Are we resigned to the idea that Michigan will have 11 players on scholarship for 2019/20? Kansas had the 2019/20 roster on their official website weeks ago, even though they just added a 13th scholarship player, so the roster wasn’t yet complete, as it turned out.

Michigan’s website still has last year’s roster up. Waiting for a possible new addition before updating? Waiting for Wagner to arrive and choose a number? Or is it typical of Michigan to not update the roster until closer to the start of the season?

1 Like

I would not read anything into when a school does or doesn’t update its roster.

2 Likes

Interesting. Where is he looking?

Western Kentucky and Arkansas are two primary schools involved from what I gather.

If either one of those schools is on the quarter system, he might be ok otherwise, it’ll be really tough if classes already started.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he goes Overseas

1 Like

As soon as Dylan mentioned Western Kentucky, I started thinking about Mitchell Robinson’s path to the NBA.

1 Like

Looking online, both have a full Fall Semester that started in August plus a Fall 1/2 Semester that starts mid-October. I don’t know how the NCAA views the 1/2 semesters for athletic eligibility…but at “worst case” he could enroll in the 1/2 semester, get acquainted with the school, and start full time in January — in time with conference play.