2019-20 KenPom rankings are out

Ah. Looks like Winn is with the Raptors.

Yes. Winn is with the Raptors.

Probably the reason he lost weight over the off season.

1 Like

Definitely part of the reason that he lost weight. But I’m still in a believe it when I see it mode.

Purdue and OSU feel really overrated to me, but I guess we’ll find out.

Seems like people think Michigan is underrated in these but I haven’t seen Michigan in any top 25 lists really. I assume KenPom has a component for sort of program general success (outside of coaching) which is propping U-M up a bit more than other preseason lists.

2 Likes

Yeah I think relatively speaking, being put at 21 was very solid. Lot of questions to answer this year, so to be 21 after losing an all-time coach… Not too bad. Going off what Dylan said, has anyone seen us in any top 25 lists? I still am yet to, but I know lots of lists come out around this time so maybe I haven’t seen them yet.

Logically, a team and players used to winning should have an edge. You’d expect a correlation to some intangibles like leadership and work ethic. Those are things we do see with this team and they aren’t by accident. They reflect Beilein’s approach to building a program.

5th in the Big Ten seems fair. I thought Michigan was being underrated when they were projected to be a bubble team or on par with PSU.

2 Likes

Yeah I think KenPom has us higher than anyone. Which should be encouraging since I’d take his over most any random national writer.

5 Likes

Michigan looks about right. Purdue and osu seem too high.
Nebraska seems too high also lol.

1 Like

I think as usual he’s on point. 21 sounds about right to me to start. Could play slightly up or slightly down.

1 Like

While checking out some of the AP top 25 teams, I noticed BartTorvik and KenPom massively disagree about some teams

Missouri:
KP 39
BT 11

Tennessee
KP 19
BT 82

Harvard:
KP 75
BT 17

Alabama
KP 70
BT 35

Illinois
KP 35
BT 13

Hit on a few of these on today’s pod (which I didn’t post on the main page because it was mostly about MSU) with some KenPom talk on the back half.

1 Like