2018 Recruiting Notes

Seems like a wing candidate would be the priority and then a 2 guard. For 2019 we seem to be well stocked in PGs and 5s with 3 each and 3 guys that can play the 4.
I would prefer a grad transfer that can play the 2 or 3 this year or save the scholarship for 2019.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2019 - Wing - Romeo Weems (Offer)

DeJulius and Castleton both with huge jumps into the Top 100 for Rivalsā€™ final rankings. Johns rose 8 spots as well.

Also shoutout @slyboogie2 as Jeenathan Williams tied for the highest jump overall

7 Likes

No official stat for this, but I imagine Beilein/Michigan would be #1 for total spots recruits jump up to from commitment to the final rankings. Not just for this year either.

Based off my knowledge, the only recruit who fell a bit was McGary?

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t surprise me. Iā€™ve always thought that JB was as good (maybe better) of a scout as he is a coach.

3 Likes

Agreed and even with that, it still amazes me a lot of people (not here) donā€™t give him the benefit of the doubt when he identifies his recruits.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll never doubt you again, Sly.

3 Likes

Interestingā€¦One of the top available bigs out there not named Jordan Brown

Quite odd in my opinion. 300ā€™s ranked guy at a position that has a log jam next year?

Makes you wonder what the pitch is. ā€œHey we need an extra body in practice! And if you never see the floor, well you can just transfer!ā€

Exactly, itā€™s almost setting him up for failureā€¦ A lot of the recent targets Iā€™ve looked at as ā€œEh, Iā€™d rather swing for a 2019 guy, but Iā€™d be okay with this.ā€ With Calloo Iā€™d really have to dig to find a reason to genuinely like the addition.

Clearly Isaiah Livers must be declaring for the draft and hiring an agent. (Sarcasm. I think)

A big who can shoot 3 and put the ball on the floor, Beilein simply cannot walk past one without stop.

2 Likes

Hey it it is more fathomable than Nojel Eastern declaring

2 Likes

I would add that if the kid is willing to redshirt, he essentially becomes a 2019 recruit. Nothing wrong with making sure this isnā€™t another kid most programs overlooked.

Heā€™s visiting Illinois soon (or just did). His stats in the adidas gauntlet were not very good. It looks like he has similar physical tools to Livers.

6.8ppg, 5.8rpg, 29.4%FG, 6-35 from 3, 54.9%FT

Nice stroke, classic stretch 4 for the offense

Eastern is just looking because he realizes there is 0% chance Painter can fix that free throw motion so heā€™s wondering if the scouts will have any tips for him.

3 Likes

ESPN 100 has Johns at 57, DeJulius at 90 and Michigan at 15.

1 Like

247sports has Johns 69, Iggy 76, DeJulius 96, Castleton 123 and Nunez 203. All are 4 stars except Nunez. Michigan is 15.

Edit; This is the composit ranking.