2018 Recruiting Notes

Dylan - PLEASE tell me the staff has shown some interest in this kid. Marvin Bagley (6’10/Arizona)…this kid has to be the best freshman in the country (without even seeing film on other kids in that class). I mean, this kid is an absolute monster. There is literally no flaw in his game based on the film above. A 6’10 kid that can handle like a 2/3, shoot from deep like a 2, has passing ability, great footwork, and is an athletic freak…and he plays mean. Whoever ends up with this kid is going to have one hell of a year. Honestly, this is probably one of the best HS films I’ve ever seen…he looks that good.

Marvin Bagley is the best freshman in the class. crazy for freshman

That kid is big time!! Sean Miller will win his first NC with him

Should be yet another great pick up for Sean Miller.

Edit: Just noticed that is exactly what PrattD above said. Great minds think alike, I guess.

Bagley is definitely going to reclassify up a grade and he will be a star at AZ, UK, Duke, or UCLA.

New film on Zavon Godwin

New film on Zavon Godwin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFf7d2TcJI

Hey @MattD, I’m assuming you’ve seen Godwin play with the Mustangs. How does his teammate Jalen Tobias look? Seems like a good athlete still trying to figure out how to play.

New film on Zavon Godwin

Hey @MattD, I’m assuming you’ve seen Godwin play with the Mustangs. How does his teammate Jalen Tobias look? Seems like a good athlete still trying to figure out how to play.

Haven’t seen him play with the Mustangs, but have watched him several times playing HS ball for Reniassance…you’re pretty much spot on. Good athlete (not great), finishes well around the rim, not heavy on skill at this point. Will be one to watch as he is only a freshman.

New film on Zavon Godwin

Haven’t seen him play with the Mustangs, but have watched him several times playing HS ball for Reniassance…you’re pretty much spot on. Good athlete (not great), finishes well around the rim, not heavy on skill at this point. Will be one to watch as he is only a freshman.

Thanks. I’m a Renaissance alum, so I always have an interest in their players.

New film on Zavon Godwin

Thanks. I’m a Renaissance alum, so I always have an interest in their players.

Interesting to note, I played open gym with Jon Barber, Joe Crawford, Malik Hairston at the new Renaissance facility about 4-5 years ago during the summer…how are those guys?

Don’t know if you watch much Renny girls ball, but Siyeh Frazier is definitely a ball player. That kid plays with relentless aggression, if she can improve her jumpshot, will definitely be a high major D1 prospect, already has a few mid major offers.

Yeah, so much older than any of those guys. I was there when we were getting run by 70 against Jalen and Voshon. As for watching either team play now, kinda hard to do from out of state. Still follow the team through my father-in-law who is a PSL die-hard.

Yeah, so much older than any of those guys. I was there when we were getting run by 70 against Jalen and Voshon. As for watching either team play now, kinda hard to do from out of state. Still follow the team through my father-in-law who is a PSL die-hard.

I’m a bit over the hill in relation to those guys as well…which was pretty evident during those summer open gyms!

@MattD Frazier is a hell of a player… I coach HS girls basketball and I scouted a team she was playing against this year and she was hands down the player that stood out… Her crossover was real nice and she could get wherever she wanted on the floor

Then in the playoffs she and Taylor Jones (from Mercy, going to Oakland U) just went at it… Back and forth, they both had over 30 in that game… I agree Frazier has potential to be high D1

And now we have hijacked the thread to discuss Renaissance HS girls basketball

@MattD Frazier is a hell of a player.. I coach HS girls basketball and I scouted a team she was playing against this year and she was hands down the player that stood out.. Her crossover was real nice and she could get wherever she wanted on the floor

Then in the playoffs she and Taylor Jones (from Mercy, going to Oakland U) just went at it… Back and forth, they both had over 30 in that game… I agree Frazier has potential to be high D1

And now we have hijacked the thread to discuss Renaissance HS girls basketball

Siyeh is a great kid as well. She goes to the rack with authority and purpose, can be a bit out of control at times…but as I always say, I’d rather have to tell a kid to calm down vs bring the energy. The only question about Siyeh is what position does she translate to in college? Her jumpshot is a work in progress, and she doesn’t possess the court vision to be a PG, and she may be a tad on the small side for the 3. She is a good perimeter defender as well.

Again, if she can improve the jumpshot (needs to work on mechanics and elevation), there is no doubt in my mind she can play the 2 at the high major level.

Lamar Norman out of Wyoming Godwin Heights is somebody to track

Had 15 in the Class B Final.

I kept thinking to myself that this Bagley reminds me of Webber. Is that crazy?!?!

6'7" Brandon Johns'18 has an offer from Alabama. Stanford, Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St. & Wake Forest interest pic.twitter.com/ZxeAb6FlCG

— Andrew Slater (@ASlater247) May 31, 2015

6'7" Brandon Johns'18 has an offer from Alabama. Stanford, Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St. & Wake Forest interest pic.twitter.com/ZxeAb6FlCG

— Andrew Slater (@ASlater247) May 31, 2015

I definitely misread that at first and thought he had offers from all those schools.

I definitely misread that at first and thought he had offers from all those schools.

Agreed. Was about to get all huffy about how UM offers haven’t gone out yet.

Heard that Johns is a Michigan fan.