2016/17 Commitment Updates

Some notes and videos on the front page

More Ibi Watson video

https://twitter.com/PrepCircuit/status/675537130739916800

Teske with 22, 10, 4, 2.

The 7-foot-1 Medina center was everywhere, connecting on 3-pointers, mid-range jumpers, baby hooks and dunks while blocking shots, grabbing rebounds and even running the fastbreak a couple times.
ā€œ(Strongsvilleā€™s) a very good team, so we just wanted to come out and play good defense,ā€ Teske said. ā€œWe know that when we play good defense, we have a good offense and that translates into wins.ā€

Even split four three point attempts.

2 Likes

Is Teske really 7ā€™ 1" now?

Good to see Ibi beasting. We really need someone to take over the Caris roll and I donā€™t see anyone on the current roster adequately doing it.

I like Ibi but Iā€™d like to see more ball handling. I think thatā€™s going to be huge in getting time on the floor. Can he handle the ball well enough to play the 2? Or does he end up a Dawkins-like roll?

In the videos that I have seen, Ibiā€™s bringing the ball up on occasion and heā€™s definitely attacking the rim off the bounce. Dawkins canā€™t do either of those so Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s a good comparision. At this point, I think heā€™s closer to Irvin in terms of skills.

1 Like

I also think that Irvinā€™s emergence as more of a passer/creator is key to next year. With Walton and Irvin as plus-passers and seniors then Xavier Simpson maybe to help defensively in spurts and Ibi to add on the wing it will be more of a committee replacement of Caris.

2 Likes

I have no doubt Robinson will be handling the ball on PnR before his days in a M uniform are over, and his passing skills are A1.

Yeah Iā€™d probably say more like Irvin. I wasnā€™t comparing him to Dawkins.
Though Iā€™m still not sold on seeing ball handling skills that translate to a ā€œguardā€ at the next level.
Big difference between taking it to the hole in high school vs. college.
Irvin handled the ball a lot in high school and heā€™s not much of a dribble penetration threat.

More on Ibi here

I think we got a good player in Ibi. I know a lot of people look at him as the ā€œPlan B or Plan Cā€ guy but I think heā€™s a nice pickup in this class.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Gettinā€™ buckets!

Xā€™s father and coach:

2 Likes

If people are interested, U of D Jesuit and Cassius Winston play that same team that Xavier dropped 59 on in a week. Can get an idea on level of competition since U of D might be a top 15 team in the nation.

Would like to see UD versus Lima Senior! That would be a great game against 2 of the better teams in both Michigan and Ohio. Plus it would be an interesting match up at the point.

1 Like

Fremont Ross home of Rob Lytle and Charles Woodson.
Simpson would never go off for 59 against Woodson :grinning:

Congrats to young X Simpson on a phenomenal performance.