2015 G/F Matt Ryan

Spoke to Matt Ryan tonight. Class of 2015 forward has been out with hip surgery, but hopes to get back during the tail end of the evaluation process. A Michigan visit (and offer) sound likely this fall, pending Beilein watching him in person post-surgery. Will have a full update soon.

I would love to bring a True Zone Buster aboard.

Kid might be the best shooter in the class. He could get minutes just because of that specialty. But I don’t think he does much else well. If LeVert is still around, could be an ideal pick up for that class. But then again, then we’d have to replace LeVert in the '16 class.

A recruit from Beilein’s old stomping grounds. Bet he has some contacts there.

Vogrich 2.0 - bigger, better shooter, but limited to shooting and pretty much nothing else based on that film. Not sure this would be a Plan A type of recruit, but worth tracking because he looks to be a legit 6’5 - 6’6 shooter.

He told me he’s 6-7, 220 pounds.

Dylan - any idea if Ryan is a good rebounder? To me, that would make a world of difference in my evaluation.

Update on the front page.

Bottoms! He looks like a good (and willing) passer in addition to being a great shooter who gets squared and releases quickly. I also like the way his teammates react to him and vice versa, but it’s obviously silly to extrapolate too much from the brief clips.

Vogrich 2.0 - bigger, better shooter, but limited to shooting and pretty much nothing else based on that film. Not sure this would be a Plan A type of recruit, but worth tracking because he looks to be a legit 6'5 - 6'6 shooter.

Right on. Not Stauskas 2.0 for sure. I can see him being a good baseline cutter in this offense but judging from the highlight video I see no evidence of him being a ball handler.

If he were a good rebounder (which I don’t know if he is), then he might be a good fit at the PF spot, basically a better shooting version of Evan Boudreaux (apologies for butchering the name). Lack of athleticism limits his ability to play the 3, in the same mold it did for Smot.