'15 Big Man Mike Edwards

If Caris stays and nobody transfers, I don’t think that UM could take Edwards and keep a scholarship open for Murray (assuming Hatch doesn’t go on medical) and/or Wagner. Max might be willing to wait a while to decide. Is there a deadline for grad transfers to get in paperwork if he does want to play elsewhere? Also, re the 4 and 5 spots, UM has Doyle, Donnal, Wilson and Chatman all with eligibility for the next 3 years, and Teske on the way, and Dawkins can fill in some (and Irvin too for a year and possibly two), so UM can probably afford to wait if they like but don’t love Edwards. It also keeps more slots open for '16 guys and beyond.

Duke, UCLA interest. The blow up continues. It feels like July.

Duke, UCLA interest. The blow up continues. It feels like July.

https://twitter.com/scoopIPS/status/581151333673275392

Wow. I haven’t seen enough film on Edwards to say whether or not we should offer him, but I have long maintained that we need help at the 5 as much or more than we need another creator.

I like Doyle. He showed flashes, and he will improve. But he has athletic limitations and he has a long way to go on defense. Donnal needs to get a lot stronger and tougher. I am not giving up on him, but he’ll need to show a lot of improvement to be a solid big ten center. Wilson is a wildcard, but I am confident in saying that he probably won’t be strong enough next year to consistently contribute at the 5.

If the rumors of a big man transferring out are true, then we will be in a bad situation next year at the 5 (assuming Max isn’t back). I have always wanted Michigan to have an athletic big who can clean up the glass, finish off put backs, and alter shots. I’m not sure if Edwards is that guy, but if he is, I would like to have him.

U-M the frontrunner for Mike Edwards of Westland John Glenn. Kid is picking up offers like crazy.

— Chris Balas (@Balas_Wolverine) March 26, 2015

From what I saw he looked pretty agile and athletic, a few of those takes to the rim on the fast break were pretty impressive. I could see why hes blowing up as it looks like hes made huge improvements over all workouts/videos I saw versus more recent ones.