Squad 100 moving on to 101

We need more quick guards. Not only after next year but also next year. I can only imagine how disastrous next year will be if Walton or MAAR get hurt next year and/or if x is not ready to contribute. It would be a complete disaster.

Roster right now doesnā€™t help in this situation. So it goes back to who is gone??

1 Like

http://sportzedge.com/2016/03/22/sacred-heart-basketball-star-cane-broome-will-transfer/

I just made the assumption he was a graduate transfer. The fact that he isnā€™t changes my opinion. We donā€™t really have space to do this.

We donā€™t have space either way correct?? We still have to come up with one ship for Davis

This also shows me that the talk about players transferring has been going on and JB is expecting at least two players transferring. And yes pratt regardless we are over 1 as is. This also shows me their look on Spike. I have to assume if he is good to go and their is space he will be back.

1 Like

If this is accurate, it would seem that the coaches have an idea of how it might work. Possibly indicating 2 bodies in attrition?

Dylan posted a video of his highlights vs Farleigh Dickinson.

Would it really be a surprise if 2 or 3 kids transferred out? Attrition is inevitable as kids want to play and there is probably dissatisfaction on both sides with lack of development and/or roles. Suffice it to say, I donā€™t think lack of scholarships is going to be a major problem.

I donā€™t think anyone would be surprised but the million dollar question is who?

2 Likes

Watched the video. I actually think heā€™s a guy we could use. Another kid that that gets to the rack well. Nice handle. Gets some nice lift to finish at the rim. Reminds me of a better handling rahkman. Seems to jump higher to. I donā€™t know the logistics of him coming but it would be nice to have.him Xavier Jordan and rahkman as a back court. Wouldnā€™t be the best shooting back court but he would add experience as opposed to a frosh guard like west. He also looks better than west by a large margin. Weā€™d be real tough to keep off the rim.

So the 2017-18 Roster would look like something like this if he came? Plus an additional 2017 recruit.

PG - Simpson (So.) - Broome (Jr.)
SG - Rahk (Sr.) - Poole - (Fr.) - Watson (So.)
SF - Robinson (Sr.) - Dawkins (Sr.)
PF - Wagner (Jr.) - Chatman (Sr.)
C - Donnal (Rs Sr.) - Davis (So.) - Teske (Rs Fr.)

I like that roster. Depending on who we add. Get this kid and Poole and add a big athletic wing who can play the four at times/ defend/ high motor finishing type and weā€™d have a nice team. Not as much shooters as u want but I like the idea of more slashers/ foul shots. Cane needs to add some bulk as heā€™s very skinny but I think heā€™s a great addition to that class. Him Poole and Kyle young sounds real good to me. I think that would be a stellar class. Under the radar but very effective imo. Wouldnā€™t probably rank high by the scouts but that would be a sleeper class. We would have a 2017/2018 on our hands. Imagine 2018 with Xavier and cane when we went small. That would be a tough u it to keep off the rim.

This all being said I would like spike back if he plays. A healthy fifth year spike would be dangerous. I know that if we hD him and levert wed. Stil be playing. People underestimate spike here. Our off we could have been dynMic with those two. Thereā€™s many games that could have beentotLly different with those two. Even games we got killed might have been different. He just shouts they well/ his handle and poise. Heā€™s also Along with Caris the best drive and kick guy on the team. With that head fake he was always in the lane. I firmly believe we are top 25 with those two., having spike significantly improves our 3 point shooting, for next year to. Hell if he transfers I would t be surprised for a big school to add him. I could see him going to duke for instance a team with a small roster. Especially if Allen leaves. Letā€™s hope he goes outside big ten. Hell Indiana could use him at point with yogi gone. Maybe heā€™ll pull a Max. Unc is a big program that could use a shooter/ pg to. Very interested to see where spike lands. Hopefully itā€™s here.

I know you guys mentioned big shame ups. Any news yet? assistant/ transfers? Iā€™d like to see Aubrey stay. As hated as he is on here and as bad as his d was, im still his number 1 cheerleDer. Iā€™m shocked at how he did this year. I still believe that fringe nba prospect we saw as a frosh exists. Heā€™s a great shooter and I budge he can still develop into our most dangerous scorer. At least from deep. Believe itā€™s all mental with him. If he gets his confidence up I believe the kid we saw drop 20 a few times will shine through. Thereā€™s no reason he canā€™t take over a game with his shot. He did it against Maryland I believe. That 2017 roster could be very Good offensively. Duncan Aubrey Jordan as shooters. Wagner downliw. Xavier cane and rahkman slashing. All three are solid shooters to. Add in Ibi who can shoot and slash and weā€™d be well rounded. Hopefully teske or Austin would be a nice back up for Wagner. Maybe dj if heā€™s around or a Kyle young type. All I know is Iā€™d much rTher have this cane guy in 2017 as opposed to the young pg that we have watched. Which seems to be west correct?

Sorry my phone is so hard to type a lot on that was impossible to read. To sum it up I like our potential with cane in 2017 and 18 and prefer adding him to the back up pg we have seen peoe post about here like west. Add in Kyle young and that is a sleeper class. Poole, cane and Kyle would be the best class we added in a while even though it wouldnā€™t rank high i bet. Perfect blend of shooters/slasher son that roster. Imagine cane and rahkman. Or cane and Xavier. Weā€™d be I. The line all day. Coach b might need to adjust the offense as it wouldnā€™t be the best three ball line up. Much more of a east coast game/ player as he puts it. Refreshing change. Anyone who can drop 24 in that league as a soph could drop at least 12-15 in big ten as upper classmen with coach bs help.

Itā€™s odd a lot of the recruits heā€™s adding or looking at are a bit different. Davis cane Xavier even teske a bit. If Iā€™m the three kids from Ohio is be all over Kyle young to come to Michigan. They need to helprecruit/ steer him to Ann Arbor. Id be calling him/ trying to ball with him in spring and summer while trying to keep the Ohio Michigan connection. From what Iā€™ve seen on film I see why coach b likes the Ohio kids. They seem to have tougher players/ teams then the Michigan area no offense to you motor city guys/ state. It just looks like the Ohio kids are better in the films

Also surprised there is no connection to Chicago for Michigan. Biggest mid western city. They recruit Indiana, but I find it out that we donā€™t attack Chicago. Gotta be a hot bed for hoops.

The issue with Chicago is similar to our issue with Detroit.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/interesting-convo-i-had-prominant-chicago-hs-basketball-coach

"7. As for Michigan/JB - clean, very clean, but too clean. Most promimant Chicago HS coaches stay away from Michigan because Michigan wonā€™t be part of the ā€œrecruiting machineā€ in Chicago. They think JB is a good coach but teaches ā€œwhite boyā€ basketball. He basically says Michigan/JB has no respect in Chicago anymore.

I mentioned I was a Michigan fan and talked some more about our program. He has tons of respect for us becasue he had lots of interaction with Michigan many years ago. Back in the 90s, Michigan was THE school for Chicagoā€™s best talent. He says we were not a clean program then, but he says that no one was and Michigan was no different than any other major program. He seems to think we have little to no chance with big time recruits in any major city without getting a little dirty.

He had some funny things to say about Amaker, but Iā€™ll save for later."

"Apparently Amaker was the ā€œwhitestā€ coach in recrutiing. A lot of Chicago recruits were drawn to him because of his race, but when meeting him, he was ā€œwhiterā€ than most white coaches. I donā€™t know what exactly that meant, but it became a small joke for a period of time. There was a recruiting visit where Amaker tried to act ā€œblackā€ but he apparently couldnā€™t do it even though he was black.

He did say that Amaker was a clean coach, but didnā€™t have a lot of respect in Chicago."

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Iā€™m glad we stay away from Chicago. A lot of problems come out of there, look at the u of I for example.

Iā€™d like to hit Chicago if I were belein. Between Indiana Ohio Detroit and Chicago he has some nice stomping grounds. Gotta take advantage of it all imo. Chicago kids dontvteallyvserm to have. A big program to go to. None of the Illinois schools are that great,should make Michigan the destination. Lots of big cities close to Michigan. Should be easy to find kids.

Hell cuse is successful and the closest cities are nyc and philly four hours away. They thrive off that philly Baltimore connection. Really as nys only big time school cuse should land all the great Nyc/ northern jersey kids.

Duke has Chicago on lock down from what Iā€™ve read. The polish connection is huge apparently.

Surely Chicago is producing more than 1 or 2 major conference D1 basketball players a year?

How can a single Basketball program lock down any major city when at most, theyā€™ll have 3 available scholarships to use?

Get their pick of the litter? I can see that.

yes of course. just saying duke gets the cream. though not brunson i guess

1 Like