Recruiting Notes

Updated scholarship depth chart with De Julius verbal commit.

Looks good. I would add Davis out one more year (italics?)

1 Like

Cassius Stanley lists us in link below, from Cali top 25 2019 but could reclass to 18. Exact type of wing prospect we need but obviously tough pull from the West. The team was out there for an extended time for the UCLA game so hoping they were doing some recruiting while there.

2 Likes

Here is hoping a few more recruits show up followed by a good crowd and W.

1 Like

Seriouslyā€¦ @LosAngelesWolverine1 @MattD @93grad @ace_maker4, whoever else. You guys canā€™t keep polluting every thread with a back and forth debate over recruiting vs evaluation vs pursuit of great vs mediocrity vs everybody is cheating vs nobody is cheating.

No one cares and believe me everyone knows how both of you feel.

Every thread? You may want to research on how many I comment.

2018 wing Gabe Brown is sitting next to Steve and I here at Crisler

Dave not with you?

He hasnā€™t made it to Crisler yet

Where you sitting?

2nd row next to the tunnel

2019 forward Carrington McCaskill also here

Romeo Weems - donā€™t be surprised if he commits after receiving an offer fromā€¦Ohio State

whaaaaaaaat no way

I know most here donā€™t agree with me but if no Bamba I think Michigan should give a serious look to Greg Elliott for 17. While his game doesnā€™t pop off on film he just produces offensively. Defensively he would be an immediate upgrade hands down. Iā€™m about 90-95% sure heā€™s headed to Marquette, but that may change with a UM offer

Seriously, why? It seems like Matta has landed about 5-6 elite wing prospects during his time and not one of them has ever stuck in the NBA. Might as well add Bates-Diop to that list, too.

Heā€™s an OSU fan?

If thatā€™s the case I hope he waits to see what bamba and that one top 50 wing who was mentioned in passing do., I hope the staff realize the importance of adding perimeter players and offer him.

Romeo Weems plays with more motor and toughness than 95% of the country. Heā€™s EXTREMELY competitive and will call out teammates for lack of effort on defense.

At this point OSU leads, and if they offer it wouldnā€™t shock me to see him commit. Not saying itā€™s imminent, but something to keep an eye on.

I personally hate it because Romeo is EXACTLY what this program needs.