Ray McCallum out at U-D; Bacari Alexander a candidate?

I agree with a lot of your post but:

“There isn’t much to coach on D other than positioning, switching…” That’s so far from the truth.

1 Like

Anyone read or heard anything about when Detroit plans to hire the head coach?

Interesting tweet from Brendan here.

Bacari isn’t alone, like I said change is coming.

1 Like

Val got a head job

It’s interesting to speculate–assuming people can speak sensitively to the issue–about what it means if Beilein loses both of his black coaches, especially when there is criticism, deserved or undeserved, about a failure to recruit places like Detroit and Chicago. Jordan and Alexander were credited with really giving Michigan a shot in the arm at an earlier juncture–well respected guys. The upcoming hires will be critical and–I am sure–closely watched.

I think it’s generally a good sign when assistant coaches get offered head coaching positions (assuming we can adequately fill those positions). It’s going to be happening every off-season with the football team.

2 Likes

I’m still not convinced that BA is gone yet

. But yeah, Lavall to UW-Milwaukee

1 Like

Interesting tweet here from Bacari. Might be nothing but he always seems to have hidden messages in his tweets.

Might seem to hint he is staying put, no?

Nope. Still working out the Jermaine Jackson being retained issue. It’s possible it could blow up. Not likely. Bacari desires to move on.

2 Likes

He definitely does deserve it. He’s a funny guy and players seem to love him. Would hate to see him go as I also hate to see Lavall go but they both need and deserve it.

Is Jeff Meyer getting any interest?

Bacari said when hired by Coach Beilein he wanted to be a head coach by 40. He has until Sept. 15 to accomplish. Yay to achieving goals. No jinxes

1 Like

Coaches are allowed on the road next weekend, would it be safe to assume we have anew assistant in place by then? Or will JB send Chris Hunter out until the role is filled?

U of D people expect Alexander to be announced as early as tomorrow.

If this happens, who else can we send out to recruit?

That’s easy: MattD

6 Likes

LOL. He’s a diamond in the rough, and it takes one to know one.:smirk:

1 Like

but does he have the lateral quickness?

4 Likes