Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

I can only hear “we’ve been working on defense” so many times and nothing change before I stop caring about the pressers.

That’s horsepucky, bear, and my hunch is you probably know it. The range of subjects is wide, and the press clearly likes the guy. He’s very earnest, not some wisecracking clown, for sure. But he’s hardly humorless, either.

1 Like

I love his press conferences too and always wonder why people don’t comment. I decided people must not listen to them which is fine except that they don’t realize how far off they are on with many of their comments.

2 Likes

Complete and utter BS. There are a ton of reasons why this is false but the clearest indication is the JB reached out to Jackson just the other week. If what you say is true JB would have never reinquired.

But please keep propping up the bogus excuses why JB isn’t recruiting better.

1 Like

A transfer we should look at is Kaleb Joseph of Syracuse also Katin Reinhardt the 6-6 grad transfer from USC a good shooter and good fit

No, neither would be good. Joseph is a point guard, but not very good. He didn’t play on a thin Syracuse team this year.

Reinhardt is a chucker who has already played for two programs.

Right, because if we had offered Jackson without him visiting, that would have changed everything. The same way Tom Izzo thinks he would have landed Chris Webber.

Derryck Thornton officially leaving Duke…

2 Likes

Any reasons on why he left?

Somewhat disappointing freshman year and Frank Jackson is going to be their PG next year.

1 Like

I’d assume because it looks like Frank Jackson would start over him next year.

It will be interesting to see if we get involved. I can’t recall us ever taking a transfer who previously turned us down. Thornton is talented, but didn’t blow me away this year - worse than Walton as a freshman, though he was asked to do more.

Thornton would be huge. He and Simpson here for 3 years together would make beilein a very happy man.

3 Likes

If he wants to play at Michigan, you take him. We more than likely aren’t going to land better on the recruiting trail.

I doubt we go for it because he spurned us the first time (see Blueitt) and it probably wouldn’t make X a happy camper.

That said, he’s a top-tier PG and would make the team better, so I would be all in favor of it. The 2017 guy we’re apparently looking at doesn’t sit that well with me – he’s surprisingly highly rated but has a very loose handle.

WB - Scruggs?

Nah, Stewart. He’s a PG right? What do you think of him?

They didn’t go after Blueitt again because he didn’t want to be here. He did not feel like the campus/town/ guys on the roster were a fit for his personality.

I have seen it opined that they want to make room for Marques Bolden

Parker is more of a 2 IMO. I actually think he’s pretty good assuming he’s a combo rather than a PG. Top 75 type IMO. Hopefully I’ll be able to see him love some time soon.

Players leaving, everything collapsing for Duke. /s

1 Like