Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

Reminds me a bit of Cumberland… The ball goes in the hoop a lot, but nothing looks that good about it.

Think you’re selling Stewart a bit short. Not a great athlete by any means, but not THAT bad. Cumberland was a poor athlete. Haven’t seen him in person, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

So you’re saying there’s a chance with DT cause he was high on us? I hope so!

You may be right, haven’t seen much footage myself. But maybe a bit redundant with what Poole brings to the table?

I think you take Thornton if he’s interested. He showed enough and he could play with Simpson and even alongside Simpson and Poole (or Watson) down the road. And Simpson hasn’t played a college game yet, while Poole hasn’t even signed. I guess you might worry about scaring Poole away, but seems like something you could handle, especially with the various playing opportunities looking at future rosters.

I can’t recall any of our main targets who then wanted to transfer, especially after a year.

Sounds harsh, but if taking DT keeps away Jarrod West, then please do it.

3 Likes

Thornton says he’s transferring to be ‘closer to home’. I guess we will find out if that is true

1 Like

Being a top 15 recruit, we need to do everything in our power to get him if possible. We definitely won’t get anyone better. I know he wants to be close to home but we could desperately use this guy.

1 Like

If he’s not happy then he can leave. When Thornton is ready they both have 3 years eligibility. I doubt he will come here but if he does a backcourt of Thornton MAAR X Poole Ibi is really good looking to me.

1 Like

RE: Thornton… Some pretty telling tweets about the situation

https://twitter.com/MEdwardsBball

5 Likes

Throntonat 6’2 could probably play a bit off the ball. Man getting him would be amazing. He would be running pick n roll all day at Michigan

2 Likes

Pretty scummy move by coach K. I wonder if Mike and Mike will do a hit piece on coach K like they did JB?

1 Like

Probably two sides to the story… He was the least efficient player on the Duke roster so can see them wanting to run offense through someone else at times.

Even if they did, would just pass to the wayside just like the story about him lying about what he said to the Oregon player.

Just sounds like they promised him that he was going to be the lead guard and lead Duke, but then he disappointed so they marginalized his role.

Dylan do you have stats on Thornton’s jumpshooting on pullups/catch and shoots? His FT% was bad, so that doesn’t project well.

Still they got him to leave early. I mean I feel like it would be hard to jump a grade. That’s a year of development physically and mentally negated. I thought watching him you could almost tell he was a grade younger. Looked young and small.

Probably also glad he can get that back and be back in his proper class. If he does thrive off the puck and roll you gotta admit this would be a nice spot for him. Competition is good. X Thornton and Poole could all thrive together.

1 Like

Oh boy, if he is really upset about not being used in PnR then that gets me excited.

1 Like

Right? We’ve had some bad luck lately. Something has to go our way soon. If anyone isn’t a liar/scumbag its grandpa beilein. This man is the honest Abe of college ball.

1 Like

I can definitely see Crean skulking around DT.

Wonder where he might go if he headed back west – UCLA would probably tell him he’ll get Lonzo Ball’s spot after he goes one-and-done. Don’t get burned again, man…

1 Like