Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

6-6, 190. Shot 46% on twos and 21% on threes for the second worst team in Div 1. High assist numbers, but also high TO numbers.

Seems like a pass, just looked like he had a high motor on the defensive end that we could use

Also a weird interview that said he expected to be on campus in June.

https://spiderhoops.com/2016/05/14/qa-with-malcolm-bernard/

Maybe an admissions thing? Hard to say.

I mean in a vacuum, would you take a 6-6 guy with experience that can defend? Probably considering the other option is an empty seat on the bench. But itā€™s hard to evaluate these transfer situations from far away because fit can be more complicated from both sides.

Judging from what Iā€™ve heard about why/how he left and looking at the teams heā€™s interested in, I can definitely see why weā€™re taking a pass. Sounds like quite a shady situation.

1 Like

Even worse, MSU is involved. They already picked up a solid grad transfer. Meanwhile, Belien sits on his hands. I hope people will remember this when Lonergan is getting meaningful minutes during conference play.

1 Like

Izzo wouldnā€™t be involved if it were shady, he is just concerned about winning

Say what you want, rationalize it any way if they have an empty chair this year and donā€™t bring in a good 5th year guy then itā€™s a roster failure. They got Matthews which is good but in essence still an empty chair for this year.

Under a scenario of 2 empty chairs we are sitting at 11 scholarships for this year, most likely redshirting one of Teske or Davis so we are then sitting at 10 players. We arenā€™t even sure if Watson or Wilson can give real good minutes this year. In other words this team canā€™t afford an injury anywhere on the court without having to depend on a frosh or Dakich/Lonergan.

1 Like

Do you have any information as to whether Beilein sat on his hands, whether he reached out and was rebuffed, whether White has any interest, whether there is something about the situation which makes him unpalatable, or anything else on this? Or is this just an assumption based on weā€™re not getting him, and therefore Beilein must have screwed up?

11 Likes

White is NOT the type of kid Beilein wants in his program. The same schools are in on the kids Beilein wouldnā€™t take. Those same schools all are very similar in the fact that there is shady things going on in their recruitment of kids.

3 Likes

Can you prove they have shady stuff going on?

1 Like

Louisville is in the midst of a scandal for providing prostitutes to players and recruits. Syracuse is currently on probation. Is that proof enough?

1 Like

I mean several people with knowledge of the situation say he was recruited away while still there. I call that shady in and of itself.

1 Like

This x1000. I wish I could give you many more likes than just 1 for some sanity points.

4 Likes

Man has this thread run off the rails. Same old rehashed boring stuff. Snoozer.

2 Likes

Seriously guysā€¦ Havenā€™t been around most of the day, but these same tired arguments by the same people are frustrating. Not really sure what anyone is trying to prove anymore.

3 Likes

Not sure McCormick would have really been a fit (and he was never really a target but was mentioned here) and couldnā€™t imagine him making an impact based on his numbers at WMU.

Andrew White visiting MSU. Imagining a lineup with Eron Harris, Josh Langford, Miles Bridges, and Andrew White all on the floor at once is scary.

He sounds to me like a guy who would fit right in with those guys in East Lansing.

1 Like

What do comments like that even mean? Heā€™s a terrific coach who has won big and won a lot and he wants to inject more talent on the team. Or is this one of those comments along the lines of Eron Harris who ā€œapparentlyā€ wanted to visit Michigan with his posse but Beilein said no. Letā€™s just say itā€™s crystal clear that Beilein has zero interest in White and is content with an empty chair.

1 Like

Barf. Sparty is going to be loaded

1 Like