Potential Transfer Targets (Summer 2016)

He transferred out of Duke after his freshman season this past year. Michigan recruited him hard out of high school before Duke talked him into reclassifying and enrolling in college a year early.

I know some of you guys were talking about Kellen McCormick…

I don’t quite see the fit… He was pretty much a spot player last year for WMU and it’s hard to take a step up competition wise and fill the same role. Would rather have someone who was more of a key contributor in the MAC who could then step down and be a spot contributor.

If it’s the only option? I guess why not… but I’d keep looking personally.

From looking at his stats, height, and weight I got the feeling that he is a worse shooting version of Duncan Robinson.

Wrong thread? He’s talking about Kellen McCormick.

1 Like

Sorry about that, thanks Dylan

Wow now here’s a grad transfer. Andrew White leaving Nebraska.

No idea if he would go in the Big Ten or consider Michigan but he’d be a great stretch four.

1 Like

He’d be able to play right away AND could play two years, right?

EDIT: Nvm, I thought he was only at Kansas for one year.

Wow that would be huge, would help this team so much this year. Beilein PLEASE

Wow. Not only would that allow us to have Duncan come off the bench and make our 2nd unit much better, it would allow Zak Irvin to move down to the 3. White is 6’7" 220, about 20 lbs bigger than Irvin. Walton, MAAR, Irvin, White, Wagner sounds pretty crazy. Beilein better go full court press on this. Gotta remember that Nebraska can block Big Ten schools.

1 Like

With Nebraska most likely not being a very good team, why do that to a kid and his future. I really hope we get him.

This is where Michigan helps themselves with Spike and Beifeldt. Both set precedents for transfers within the Big ten

1 Like

Gotta imagine he will have his choice for where he wants to go.

I sure hope (and think) so. Tim Miles is a class act, one of my favorite Big Ten coaches, so I’d be surprised if we saw a block.

White would be perfect for this roster and would make next years team a lot better. I think he would really excel in Beilein’s system as he shot over 40% on 3’s last year. I hope there is mutual interest there. Problem is darn near every big time program out there will want him too. I assume White is making this move because he thinks playing somewhere better will improve his NBA stock.

Looks like some people are thinking there was some shady business going on with the late White transfer.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE John Beilien go after him give it your all let’s go!!!

1 Like

I agree 100% also, I love the enthusiasm!

This is all hypothetical but think what he does if he comes here. Good fit for stretch 4 keeps freshman who needs development and sophomore who is lost off the court and giving them time to watch. Sends Duncan to the 6th man role and he takes over as a leading scorer. The rotation would be mo-aw-zak-MAAR-dwj-donnal-x-Duncan and extras r dj teske Davis ibi and if needed dakich. I love the look of that JB needs to go for it

Can someone explain those tweets? Who is Greenberg upset with?

Implies that some coach has been contacting White’s family to get him to transfer. Might imply that this is a done deal to some school.

1 Like